someone help me

elpmis said:
I've got an Aunt who can't have kids because of medical reasons, she's always crying and talking about how terrible it is

I wish she thought like you did
;) Theres a very good possibility I can't have kids.

I didn't read any further then the first page.
Thorn Bird, I totally understand where you are coming from. The difference is, I'm still not married (but only a month away) and we have both decided that we want to wait 2 years. Which was quite possibly the hardest decision of my life. But I know its for the best.

I've got baby fever coming out the ying yang. Maybe part of that reason is because I truly feel my calling in life is to be a mother and a wife. I have never felt the urge to have a huge carreer or a ton of degrees, but ALWAYS have I felt the desire to be a mother.

As you said earlier, a person will NEVER have enough money for children. Heck my parents are STILL blaming me for all the things they never had :lol: But much like Thorn Bird said, as long as my family is fed, and my children are happy, that's all I need.

elpmis said:
Does that possibility at all persuade your whole take on all of this?
It's possible, however, it's been my experience that anytime I see a baby in person my biological clock turns backwards.

For example, after my niece was born, I went down to visit her. She was only a few months old and I was holding her... till she started crying... what do I do? I hold her out at arms length in a panic saying, "Its crying, come take it, it's crying" to my mom and sister-in-law's horror. "It" :fly:

I'm just not good with babies.

zengirl said:
It's possible, however, it's been my experience that anytime I see a baby in person my biological clock turns backwards.

For example, after my niece was born, I went down to visit her. She was only a few months old and I was holding her... till she started crying... what do I do? I hold her out at arms length in a panic saying, "Its crying, come take it, it's crying" to my mom and sister-in-law's horror. "It" :fly:

I'm just not good with babies.
I believe whether we want to have kids or not is all in how we were raised

and there really is no right or wrong answer

actually, there is a wrong answer: and that would be for someone who has kids to think that someone else is wrong for choosing not to have kids and vice versa

I mean come on

elpmis said:
I believe whether we want to have kids or not is all in how we were raised
Yeah, because if I was hell bent on having a kid I would be looking into adopting. Which I dont' think I'd mind doing, but I wouldn't want an infant.

zengirl said:
Yeah, because if I was hell bent on having a kid I would be looking into adopting. Which I dont' think I'd mind doing, but I wouldn't want an infant.
isn't it interesting how everyone wants a puppy, but no one wants a baby

elpmis said:
and there really is no right or wrong answer

actually, there is a wrong answer: and that would be for someone who has kids to think that someone else is wrong for choosing not to have kids and vice versa

I mean come on
There are certain people who shouldn't have kids. I'm not going to stop them or try to talk them out of it, but I wish they'd realize it.

whew!
i think it is hard for people to choose not to have children. i have friends who are doing just this, and seem almost apologetic to me about it. why apologize? i admire people who know they don't want to have kids. it's equally as hard to NOT get pregnant as it is to raise kids! if you know you can't dedicate your life to parenting, then why do it? that's a good call.

spange and i mulled it over for years before we did it, just to make sure it's what we really wanted to do. i think it is WRONG to intentionally have kids if you don't have anything better to do or if you think it'll make you fit in more or whatever. THAT is selfish. having kids for the right reason is NOT selfish, and NOT having kids does not make you selfish. it makes you smart if you don't want to be parents! everyone needs to be smart and honest when it comes to children. they aren't something to take lightly and you can't put 'em back.

there are pros and cons of having kids, of course. you should know this before you take on the responsibilities of parenting. it is a simpler life without them, and that's a fact. but choosing one way or another does not make you any more of a person. if you choose smartly, correctly, than you are bettering yourself, regardless of what choice it is.

Thorn Bird said:
whew!
i think it is hard for people to choose not to have children. i have friends who are doing just this, and seem almost apologetic to me about it. why apologize? i admire people who know they don't want to have kids. it's equally as hard to NOT get pregnant as it is to raise kids! if you know you can't dedicate your life to parenting, then why do it? that's a good call.

spange and i mulled it over for years before we did it, just to make sure it's what we really wanted to do. i think it is WRONG to intentionally have kids if you don't have anything better to do or if you think it'll make you fit in more or whatever. THAT is selfish. having kids for the right reason is NOT selfish, and NOT having kids does not make you selfish. it makes you smart if you don't want to be parents! everyone needs to be smart and honest when it comes to children. they aren't something to take lightly and you can't put 'em back.

there are pros and cons of having kids, of course. you should know this before you take on the responsibilities of parenting. it is a simpler life without them, and that's a fact. but choosing one way or another does not make you any more of a person. if you choose smartly, correctly, than you are bettering yourself, regardless of what choice it is.
:heart: I really like you

Thorn Bird said:
whew!

It's kinda funnah how I can agree so much with a Mommah. It makes me giggle. :fly: