someone help me

Sucks that we have to think so much about having or not having kids.

I have three kids and obviously didn't think about it - it just happened (magic).

There here and I deal with the good and the bad. BUT - it makes me sad when my daughter gets depressed (a teen girl thing I guess) and I worry ALL the time that some thing could happened to any them at any minute. I don't even remember cleaning up poop. Now we argue about homework and spending to much time playing online games and never going outside for fresh air.

But guess what - that's life and you just deal with it.

elpmis said:
do you get that a lot?
It's in the freakin marriage ceremony.

Did you know that you can get an entire marriage annulled by the Catholic church if you got married with no intention of creating children?

I want to get married in a church out of respect for my family and Ryan's family, but some of the rules and expectations that come along with it are kinda ridiculous. There's more to marriage than breeding, there has to be.

gottoys? said:
But guess what - that's life and you just deal with it.
I guess I want more than that, I don't want a life I just deal with, because that's what my first 25 years were all about. I want to thrive, be happy, have good times, and keep it simple.

zengirl said:
I guess I want more than that, I don't want a life I just deal with, because that's what my first 25 years were all about. I want to thrive, be happy, have good times, and keep it simple.
so are you saying gottoy's life isn't any good?

zengirl said:
It's in the freakin marriage ceremony.

Did you know that you can get an entire marriage annulled by the Catholic church if you got married with no intention of creating children?

I want to get married in a church out of respect for my family and Ryan's family, but some of the rules and expectations that come along with it are kinda ridiculous. There's more to marriage than breeding, there has to be.
don't study the history of marriage then, because it's gonna point to just that

you might be searching for something beyond marriage

elpmis said:
so are you saying gottoy's life isn't any good?
I'm just saying from the sound of her post and her tone that given a choice, I'd pick my life... no offense intended at all.

zengirl said:
so what about people that thrived, were happy, had good times and kept it simple for the first 25 years of their lives - do you think those might be some of the people who are interested in raising a family?

elpmis said:
so what about people that thrived, were happy, had good times and kept it simple for the first 25 years of their lives - do you think those might be some of the people who are interested in raising a family?
When did I ever try to impose my choices upon the masses? My point is that the masses try to impose their choices upon me. This is my life, my body, my future, my money, my s/o, my freedom and my happiness. I'm not going out of my way to sacrifice all of that for a screaming shit bomb. :lol:

zengirl said:
When did I ever try to impose my choices upon the masses? My point is that the masses try to impose their choices upon me. This is my life, my body, my future, my money, my s/o, my freedom and my happiness. I'm not going out of my way to sacrifice all of that for a screaming shit bomb. :lol:
didn't say you were, but I'm just curious - you said you didn't thrive the first 25 years of your life, and that you wanted to do it now

I'm just wondering what you think about those that are ready for kids after thriving already for their first 25 years

It's kind of like Jackson, he was never a kid in his youth, he missed out, so now he wants to be a kid now

zengirl said:

And there is nothing wrong with that ... by deal with it I mean don't worry about it.

My kids are 12 , 16 and 20. They are my best friends now. Ash and I can go dancing in Ybor. Tony and I talk computers and Tre' keeps me very entertained when I take him out in public not to mention he is brilliant and has incredible logical conversations.

At their age I can still run off by myself to the mountains and have the time of my life. I am thriving great because of them ... I had to grow up and get my shit together. I definately have alot of good times - right Candy?

but you got me on the 'keep it simple' - that isn't going to happen!

elpmis said:
didn't say you were, but I'm just curious - you said you didn't thrive the first 25 years of your life, and that you wanted to do it now

I'm just wondering what you think about those that are ready for kids after thriving already for their first 25 years

It's kind of like Jackson, he was never a kid in his youth, he missed out, so now he wants to be a kid now
All the power to them, in fact, I'll even go as far to say that functional parents deserve my respect and admiration.

zengirl said:
All the power to them, in fact, I'll even go as far to say that functional parents deserve my respect and admiration.
I've got an Aunt who can't have kids because of medical reasons, she's always crying and talking about how terrible it is

I wish she thought like you did

Thorn Bird said:
when is that not a problem? seriously...no money is ever enough for anybody. we have money enough to put food on the table, diapers on the kid, and have never missed a bill payment. no, i don't have any college funds completed yet, but we have options there. no, we don't drive a nice car but i don't want one. no, i don't have a cleaning service, and i really want that, but doing my own work keeps me proud and worth something.

so, yes, money's always a problem because there's never enough. but i'd rather be poor than have spangelet not have a sibling. plus, being a mom is my job...it's what i do best....it's what i'm supposed to do. i can't stop at one. i don't want to.
:heart: for really knowing what your priorities are.:) :cool: