Ontopic So this doesn't suck as bad now...

it's called falling in lurve all over again. :heart:

SOOOO great to know all went well!!!! i can't imagine what all y'all must have gone through, and must go through. makes you really appreciate second chances, right?? :heart:

ya, when you agree to "for better or for worse", you don't really realize that the "worse" times actually make you better.

1 colectomy, 1 hepatectomy, 3 open heart procedures, 2 amputations, 1 brain surgery that I cant remember the name for, 1 thoracotomy to relieve bleeding.

Just because I don't post everything on the internet doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about ass.

I really wish you could hang out with a friend of ours. He calls me Mr Know-It-All all the time and then challenges me on the dumbest shit.

I really wish you could hang out with a friend of ours. He calls me Mr Know-It-All all the time and then challenges me on the dumbest shit.
All I did was lol at something weird and 50 people come out of the woodwork to call me stupid.

Totally similar!

1 colectomy, 1 hepatectomy, 3 open heart procedures, 2 amputations, 1 brain surgery that I cant remember the name for, 1 thoracotomy to relieve bleeding.

Just because I don't post everything on the internet doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about ass.

I had nooooooo idea you performed surgery. And here's me thinking you were just a.......

Any chance we can not argue in this thread. It smacks of disrespect.

Maplesyrup, glad the wife is doing well and getting all the dilaudid she needs. I hope she doesn't need it for too long. Hope her future pooping goes okay.

I may be joining her in the butt surgery department soon, but I'm very thankful mine is not serious like this. When do you find out more information? Is she going to require further treatment or is this it?

I don't know if it'll be the same up there, and also given that it's a less severe case than my mom, but what happened after her surgery is that she was given 6 weeks to recover, and then they did another series of PET scans on her abdomen to look for signs of more cancer. She also went through another 11 weeks of chemo after she recovered, but that was because her cancer had metastasized into her liver. If Mrs Tre's cancer was restricted to her colon, they'll probably do a follow-up PET soon and then keep monitoring it without the need for chemo intervention. They have no idea how lucky they are that they caught it that early <3

I don't know if it'll be the same up there, and also given that it's a less severe case than my mom, but what happened after her surgery is that she was given 6 weeks to recover, and then they did another series of PET scans on her abdomen to look for signs of more cancer. She also went through another 11 weeks of chemo after she recovered, but that was because her cancer had metastasized into her liver. If Mrs Tre's cancer was restricted to her colon, they'll probably do a follow-up PET soon and then keep monitoring it without the need for chemo intervention. They have no idea how lucky they are that they caught it that early <3

Catching cancer early is insanely important. It's probably why I'm still here. And on that note...go get your mammogram and pap ladies.

Any chance we can not argue in this thread. It smacks of disrespect.

Maplesyrup, glad the wife is doing well and getting all the dilaudid she needs. I hope she doesn't need it for too long. Hope her future pooping goes okay.

I may be joining her in the butt surgery department soon, but I'm very thankful mine is not serious like this. When do you find out more information? Is she going to require further treatment or is this it?

we pretty much have to wait for the pathology report. they removed some lymph nodes around the section of colon they cut out, so they'll examine those to see if the cancer spread into them. If so, we may be looking at chemo, if not, we should be all clear, with follow ups later on, maybe in a year. Still not 100% on that. Should see pathology results in 2-3 weeks. That's the real big date for us, so we're not out of the woods yet. She's still high as a kite today, nausea at times. passed gas (just for your info drool), which is a big first step. eating small bits of jello now. stood up, sat in a chair, all baselines for today. tomorrow we work on walking a bit around the floor and her catheter comes out. Looking at getting her home Sunday or Monday so far....

Catching cancer early is insanely important. It's probably why I'm still here. And on that note...go get your mammogram and pap ladies.

this. my wife had to push our family doctor to refer her for a colonoscopy. he thought she was far too young for it, and that her poop blood was from a virus, either from us getting a cootage (lake water) or her frequent work trips to Jamaica.. needless to say, he feels like shit, apologized to her profusely (he is a really nice guy - and english to boot) and gave her his home phone number for any questions or concerns she has - which is pretty unheard of.

we pretty much have to wait for the pathology report. they removed some lymph nodes around the section of colon they cut out, so they'll examine those to see if the cancer spread into them. If so, we may be looking at chemo, if not, we should be all clear, with follow ups later on, maybe in a year. Still not 100% on that. Should see pathology results in 2-3 weeks. That's the real big date for us, so we're not out of the woods yet. She's still high as a kite today, nausea at times. passed gas (just for your info drool), which is a big first step. eating small bits of jello now. stood up, sat in a chair, all baselines for today. tomorrow we work on walking a bit around the floor and her catheter comes out. Looking at getting her home Sunday or Monday so far....

Woohoo! Farting is good. I love it when they bother you every few hours asking if you have tooted or need to poo. Glad she's eating a bit. I wonder how bad it is going to hurt the first time she takes a dump. Poor girl. Anywho, sorry you have to go through the next 2-3 weeks. I hate waiting personally.