Ontopic So this doesn't suck as bad now...

I just talked to her, she is high as a fucking kite right now. Should be able to see her in about 15 mins

Hehehe... How long does she have to stay at the hospital?

Until Saturday or Sunday. She has to pass baseline tests first. Then about another month off of work. She's in pretty good spirits, but quite tired (drugs will do that). Hydromorphone is what she's on, and gets to self administer when she needs it. The boy was a little freaked out seeing her with all the tubes and such, but he was good. My work has also been great about getting time off, because really, you'd have to be a dick to not understand.

Surely you mean . How long does she get to stay high?

until she can take pills orally, she stays on the drip. It's kinda funny, the IV bag is locked up in a little box so you cant steal it. I found that pretty damn hilarious.

People steal pain medication all the time. Even in IV form.

It's also to prevent abuse while in there too.
No shit, thanks for the info Capt. Obvious. What I meant is I've been to hundreds (dozens) of post op wards and IV bags are never locked up while they are attached to the patients. Half the time there are pain meds in sampler bottles just chillin on carts.

No shit, thanks for the info Capt. Obvious. What I meant is I've been to hundreds (dozens) of post op wards and IV bags are never locked up while they are attached to the patients. Half the time there are pain meds in sampler bottles just chillin on carts.

My bad, usually when someone posts wtf, it means they don't understand. My bad for forgetting you know everything already.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
My bad, usually when someone posts wtf, it means they don't understand. My bad for forgetting you know everything already.
1 colectomy, 1 hepatectomy, 3 open heart procedures, 2 amputations, 1 brain surgery that I cant remember the name for, 1 thoracotomy to relieve bleeding.

Just because I don't post everything on the internet doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about ass.

1 colectomy, 1 hepatectomy, 3 open heart procedures, 2 amputations, 1 brain surgery that I cant remember the name for, 1 thoracotomy to relieve bleeding.

Just because I don't post everything on the internet doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about ass.
You forgot your doucheaectpomy

meh, still cant see her for another hour and a half or so. sucks. so tired, but so full of energy, it's weird.

it's called falling in lurve all over again. :heart:

SOOOO great to know all went well!!!! i can't imagine what all y'all must have gone through, and must go through. makes you really appreciate second chances, right?? :heart:

Never said you didn't. I actually said I forgot you did know everything. But I guess its not what you post that you're supposed to respond to, but what you are to assume about the person. Since you're still doing it.