Ontopic So this doesn't suck as bad now...

Oh lucky day, today was her first poop! Rated a 4 on the Bristol chart, which is optimal. Some setbacks yesterday with nausea from the new pain meds. She's toughed it out today with mostly extra strength tylenol, but would rather deal with slightly more pain than the nausea. still getting around quite slowly, still easing back into foods. i gotta overcook the fuck out of vegetables for her. no fruit skins or seeds, no nuts or whole grains for 3-4 weeks. gotta ease back into it all. april 16th we should hear pathology results...

Oh lucky day, today was her first poop! Rated a 4 on the Bristol chart, which is optimal. Some setbacks yesterday with nausea from the new pain meds. She's toughed it out today with mostly extra strength tylenol, but would rather deal with slightly more pain than the nausea. still getting around quite slowly, still easing back into foods. i gotta overcook the fuck out of vegetables for her. no fruit skins or seeds, no nuts or whole grains for 3-4 weeks. gotta ease back into it all. april 16th we should hear pathology results...

You make sure she knows a bunch of random people on an internet forum are concerned about her shit. Glad it's going smoothly :)

If she can't tough it out there are meds she can get for nausea. If you call her doctor he/she shouldn't mind calling in that kind of script. My favorite is zofran because it comes in a fast acting melt-away tablet.

Because you won't vomit them up. I recommended the melt aways because she just had butt surgery and a suppository might not be okay and you are less likely to throw up the tablets that dissolve in your mouth especially if you take them about 30 minutes before you take your pain pills.
You can kill yourself pretty easy with Dexamethasone and Prochlorperazine suppositories. Usually they will only give you 5mg tabs.

Because you won't vomit them up. I recommended the melt aways because she just had butt surgery and a suppository might not be okay and you are less likely to throw up the tablets that dissolve in your mouth especially if you take them about 30 minutes before you take your pain pills.

Actually I only suggested suppositories because we're on the topic of her butt. But yes, I suppose it does help with nausea, not to mention it's pretty instant acting.

I've got a fridge full of promethazine and compazine suppositories! I only get the steroids in the ER

You know you can use promethazine as an offlabel local anesthetic? The more you know... the more surgery you can perform at home.

My wife is pretty damn awesome. While she's at home recovering for the next month, she's organizing a fundraiser to benefit the Ottawa Regional Cancer Center.

Today is my first day back at work. It sucks. She's a bit more mobile now, has some demerol, which thankfully doesn't make her nauseous, and she's in much better spirits.

My wife is pretty damn awesome. While she's at home recovering for the next month, she's organizing a fundraiser to benefit the Ottawa Regional Cancer Center.

Today is my first day back at work. It sucks. She's a bit more mobile now, has some demerol, which thankfully doesn't make her nauseous, and she's in much better spirits.

grouphug.gif

Good to hear. :)

So we met with the surgeon on Monday. Pathology report was good. No lymph involvement, which is awesome. She pretty much has an 85% chance of being cured. There's about a 10-15% chance it may come back in the next 5 years, but basically, this was the best outcome we could hope for. :)

Suck it, cancer.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person