So My Mom Told Me This Story Last Night

you cannot compare others to your personal situations and expect them to be the same. you cannot expect others to think or feel how you are doing. you cannot make a valid point based on personal experiences. just because YOU know something does not mean other people do or should.

Actually my point was that I feel that my parents did a wonderful job raising me although I am by far not a perfect person. There is just some things that should be taught by parents and not letting your 12 year old brother operate heavy machinery is one of them. I mean I understand that at 17 years old you screw up but come on now.

Do you or anyone else here think that you didnt know better at 17 years old not to let someone who can barely reach the peddles drive? It is tragic but it really shouldnt have happened in the first place, guess thats why its tragic.

Actually my point was that I feel that my parents did a wonderful job raising me although I am by far not a perfect person. There is just some things that should be taught by parents and not letting your 12 year old brother operate heavy machinery is one of them. I mean I understand that at 17 years old you screw up but come on now.

Do you or anyone else here think that you didnt know better at 17 years old not to let someone who can barely reach the peddles drive? It is tragic but it really shouldnt have happened in the first place, guess thats why its tragic.

i'm not disagreeing with you at all...at all. you have good points. it's just hard to make valid points when taking your personal stance and turning it into gospel, fi you know what i mean.
but the thing is is that people make mistakes all the time, and kids do typically more than adults. no matter how much parents teach, many kids still have to learn the hard way. my three-year-old is already to that point. as many times as i tell her, she has to disagree and do it herself. it's damn annoying. :D

i don't think many would disagree with the point you've made here. but it's hard to listen to someone only using personal experiences to back it up. and also, as many smart people as you probaby know, there are PLENTY out there who just are not bright. common sense things aren't so for many. it's frustrating and confusing, espeically when things seem so easy to understand or get, but that's just not the bottom line for the majority. :hs:

Is this one of those deals where you kicked him so hard your momma felt it?

knyte still wears one of these to sleep:
pjs.JPG

I doubt he could kick hard enough for momma to feel. Little brother may have coyly yelped, "that tickles."

i'm not disagreeing with you at all...at all. you have good points. it's just hard to make valid points when taking your personal stance and turning it into gospel, fi you know what i mean.
but the thing is is that people make mistakes all the time, and kids do typically more than adults. no matter how much parents teach, many kids still have to learn the hard way. my three-year-old is already to that point. as many times as i tell her, she has to disagree and do it herself. it's damn annoying. :D

i don't think many would disagree with the point you've made here. but it's hard to listen to someone only using personal experiences to back it up. and also, as many smart people as you probaby know, there are PLENTY out there who just are not bright. common sense things aren't so for many. it's frustrating and confusing, espeically when things seem so easy to understand or get, but that's just not the bottom line for the majority. :hs:

true, I guess I use personal experience because that is what I know best? I am not sure but yeah I see your point. I guess it would be because I was brought up quick and only had older friends my whole life. To put it simple, "dont touch that pan its hot, i burnt my finger last week doing that" was what I would hear from friends all the time. To me hearing it from friends and my parents made me pretty much not want to do it. If it were just my parents saying it I more than likely would have tried it out and burnt myself like a :tard: haha, well im gonna go watch tv, see yall in the morning

at 14 I was stealing my parents cars when they were out playing golf and I would drive to the store for cigs...got busted by a neighbor once and I talked her out of ratting on me :D

knyte still wears one of these to sleep:
pjs.JPG

I doubt he could kick hard enough for momma to feel. Little brother may have coyly yelped, "that tickles."

Noob, that's like a 5T, I wear a 3T. Get your facts straight.

That whole story actually did happen, but to be honest I felt terrible about it for almost a week afterwards, and to this day am not particularly proud of it. I thought about editing my original post but it received such rave reviews that I felt. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Last edited:
counter reply

<Donut[AFK]> HEY EURAKARTE
<Donut[AFK]> INSULT
<Eurakarte> RETORT
<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-RETORT
<Eurakarte> QUESTIONING OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE
<Donut[AFK]> SUGGESTION TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
<Eurakarte> NOTATION THAT YOU CREATE A VACUUM
<Donut[AFK]> RIPOSTE
<Donut[AFK]> ADDON RIPOSTE
<Eurakarte> COUNTER-RIPOSTE