So My Mom Told Me This Story Last Night

When I was 17 I would not let my 12 year old brother with no motor skills get behind the wheel of my mothers van and try to park it IN THE RAIN. I wouldnt have done this because I was taught at a very young age that a vehicle is not a toy, it is to be respected. Probably why I have never been in a car accident also. Well besides getting rear ended by a moron.

To me this was not a normal teenage bad decision such as sneaking out at night or running away. He should have been taught to respect a 2 ton vehicle as something much more than a play toy for his 12 year old brother to operate.
obviously the 17 year old fucked up by letting his younger brother drive the van

hehe, yep. Not arguing just backing up my claim of bad parenting being at fault.

oh wait thats a nice way of saying arguing isnt it, dam

we don't really have any back story or facts that say 'okay this 17 year was a bad kid all around' and then blame that on bad parenting - we could do that if we knew the kid smoked pot, stole shit, beat up girls, etc. etc. All we know is that he PROBABLY let his 12 year old bro move the car a few feet. I wouldn't write him off as a product of bad parenting because he chose to let his kid bro do that, no, I would however say that he fucked up, and kimi has a point, 17 year olds fuck up. It's a shame that in most cases the kid would have just scrapped the bottom of the van and both him and his brother would have been grounded. Instead they took the life of their mother and have the last seconds of her life as mental images forever. Ouch.

If anything they will now with one parent down and a lot to be mad about (themselves) they will become bad kids.

Last edited:
Instead they took the life of their mother and have the last seconds of her life as mental images forever. Ouch.

This is the part that people need to focus on. It's just plain brutal, and it will in fact be with them until the day they die. The scope of that torment is pretty mind boggling.

This is the part that people need to focus on. It's just plain brutal, and it will in fact be with them until the day they die. The scope of that torment is pretty mind boggling.

Yeah I can't really think of anything worse than that, personally

we don't really have any back story or facts that say 'okay this 17 year was a bad kid all around' and then blame that on bad parenting - we could do that if we knew the kid smoked pot, stole shit, beat up girls, etc. etc. All we know is that he PROBABLY let his 12 year old bro move the car a few feet. I wouldn't write him off as a product of bad parenting because he chose to let his kid bro do that, no, I would however say that he fucked up, and kimi has a point, 17 year olds fuck up. It's a shame that in most cases the kid would have just scrapped the bottom of the van and both him and his brother would have been grounded. Instead they took the life of their mother and have the last seconds of her life as mental images forever. Ouch.

If anything they will now with one parent down and a lot to be mad about (themselves) they will become bad kids.

It is absolutely horrible dont get me wrong and it does really suck that they will remember there mothers last moments forever. I am just saying that although I am not a model citizen, at 17 I knew better than to let a 12 year old operate a car. My grandpa taught me how to steer a car when I was like 9 years old at the cottage. My dad taught me how to respect road signs and be very alert at the age of 10 by making me stay awake on a 24 hour drive here from Canada. Took me out to parking lots when I was 13 to teach me how to drive. BUT I always knew better not to get behind the wheel until I had my licence. Maybe my family was more into car safety than other but I feel that leaving that out is bad parenting in my books. Smoking Pot and Stealing is less of bad parenting than thinkin it is ok to put a 12 year child behind the wheel of a potentially deadly machine. By 17 you should dam well know that is not a safe situation.

When my brother was 16, and I was 12, he let me drive his truck. Bad parenting I guess?

It was never raining when I drove it, and we were on back country roads going no more than 35mph, but still. That's just the type of stuff older brothers do.

I see nothing wrong with letting a 12 year old move a minivan a few feet in rain. Who would've known it would turn out so catastophic? 99 times out of a 100 it would've went smoothly. That other 1 time, normally a curb gets checked.. nothing more.

It is absolutely horrible dont get me wrong and it does really suck that they will remember there mothers last moments forever. I am just saying that although I am not a model citizen, at 17 I knew better than to let a 12 year old operate a car. My grandpa taught me how to steer a car when I was like 9 years old at the cottage. My dad taught me how to respect road signs and be very alert at the age of 10 by making me stay awake on a 24 hour drive here from Canada. Took me out to parking lots when I was 13 to teach me how to drive. BUT I always knew better not to get behind the wheel until I had my licence. Maybe my family was more into car safety than other but I feel that leaving that out is bad parenting in my books. Smoking Pot and Stealing is less of bad parenting than thinkin it is ok to put a 12 year child behind the wheel of a potentially deadly machine. By 17 you should dam well know that is not a safe situation.

you cannot compare others to your personal situations and expect them to be the same. you cannot expect others to think or feel how you are doing. you cannot make a valid point based on personal experiences. just because YOU know something does not mean other people do or should.

you cannot compare others to your personal situations and expect them to be the same. you cannot expect others to think or feel how you are doing. you cannot make a valid point based on personal experiences. just because YOU know something does not mean other people do or should.

He can...and he will...

For some reason this thread reminds me of the time my brother pushed me and I fell down a few stairs, so I decided to fight him. I hit him a few times and pushed him down, then while he was on the ground I tried to kick him in the stomach but he moved suddenly and I kicked him in the face, giving him a bloody nose and making him cry.

You'd think I'd feel bad about doing it, but I don't. Part of me wished I'd kicked him again. Bastard.

For some reason this thread reminds me of the time my brother pushed me and I fell down a few stairs, so I decided to fight him. I hit him a few times and pushed him down, then while he was on the ground I tried to kick him in the stomach but he moved suddenly and I kicked him in the face, giving him a bloody nose and making him cry.

You'd think I'd feel bad about doing it, but I don't. Part of me wished I'd kicked him again. Bastard.

You have some of the most off the wall responses. rep+

Is this one of those deals where you kicked him so hard your momma felt it?

A bloody nose? You must kick like a girl.