So My Mom Told Me This Story Last Night

17 year old letting his 12 year old brother drive the mini van? I would say bad parenting but when you have 8 kids its ok that 2 go bad right? I mean thats 75% good kids which is still a C average, amirite?

17 year old letting his 12 year old brother drive the mini van? I would say bad parenting but when you have 8 kids its ok that 2 go bad right? I mean thats 75% good kids which is still a C average, amirite?

I disagree here. How many of us did stupid things as teenagers? Does that make all of our parents bad parents? While there is an epidemic of bad parenting out there, this doesn't seem to fit into that category. I feel especially bad for the two brothers responsible, this is something they will have to live with the rest of their lives.

I disagree here. How many of us did stupid things as teenagers? Does that make all of our parents bad parents? While there is an epidemic of bad parenting out there, this doesn't seem to fit into that category. I feel especially bad for the two brothers responsible, this is something they will have to live with the rest of their lives.

When I was 17 I would not let my 12 year old brother with no motor skills get behind the wheel of my mothers van and try to park it IN THE RAIN. I wouldnt have done this because I was taught at a very young age that a vehicle is not a toy, it is to be respected. Probably why I have never been in a car accident also. Well besides getting rear ended by a moron.

To me this was not a normal teenage bad decision such as sneaking out at night or running away. He should have been taught to respect a 2 ton vehicle as something much more than a play toy for his 12 year old brother to operate.