WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I'm on the last weekend training for my clinical supervision course then I'm all qualified for being a therapy boss. I've got myself 3 therapists seeing me already and maybe I'll get some more. I've been in a super busy period with non-therapy related jobs, been project managing two festivals but they're both happening in June so I'll have some breathing space then. Oh and the job I used to do at the women's counselling centre, the woman who was caretaking the job is off sick for a while and I've been covering that job to keep the oils wheels for the women coming in for therapy. That bit's causing me stress and affected my sleep but hopefully she'll be back soon so I can put that down and stop overworking.
I thought you were supposed to be taking it easy.

The boss comes and asks me if I can solder a clip onto the end of a wire for him, something he needs for home.
Sure, but Im not the best at soldering, plus I dont have the stuff to do it with
Says he has a soldering kit in his truck.
This is what he brings me.

1717094647925.png

I think this fuckin thing may have come over on the mayflower holy crap

The boss comes and asks me if I can solder a clip onto the end of a wire for him, something he needs for home.
Sure, but Im not the best at soldering, plus I dont have the stuff to do it with

View attachment 18582

I've got an old Weller 100W pistol-grip style that belonged to my grandpappy that still works good.

View attachment 18582

No wonder he can't solder either.

View attachment 18582

Good old fashioned Bakelite I see

Those soldering guns actually work great, I use one for soldering PL-259s and other big shit. Nothing wrong with them.

Got an emergency lockdown at work today, stemming from an incident at the robotics high-bay.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

After some abominable behavior at the last swim meet, I had to spend the weekend coming up with a parent code of conduct for my fuckin' summer league swim team.

Now it's out there in the wild, circulating amongst the parents. Hopefully I've stemmed the tide of anger at the lone idiot and won't lose any more swimmers (already lost 2) because of it.

It's just studying for a bunch of certifications. It will totally be worth it, but its going to be a long few months. And quite the departure from the probably 10 hours a week I was working before. :lol:
I need to do something. Sitting on your ass gets mad boring.