WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Oh, another great story. So my supplier was doing something called double invoicing (or something like that). He would charge me $xx per unit, but then supply a lower cost to CBP so that I could save money on import duties. They never told me this. And I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, so really never looked. Once I figured it out, I freaked out. If CBP figures this out on their own, the fine is something like 300% of total retail cost of the goods.

So I ended up paying like $5k in make-up duties and penalties. And another $5k for a lawyer to handle it. I'm such a small importer, I probably could have just gotten away with it and moved on, but I'm pretty risk averse.
Customs people have NO sense of humour, and live to put the screws to people.

Customs people have NO sense of humour, and live to put the screws to people.
Another funny.

Many years ago, I bought some Pokemon cards off Ali Express. I was dumb. It never occurred to me that they were knockoffs and that that was bad. Well CBP somehow found them and took them. Years later, I was denied Global Entry due to the CBP violation. I had to get my congressman to fix it. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: tre
Another funny.

Many years ago, I bought some Pokemon cards off Ali Express. I was dumb. It never occurred to me that they were knockoffs and that that was bad. Well CBP somehow found them and took them. Years later, I was denied Global Entry due to the CBP violation. I had to get my congressman to fix it. :lol:
Hot dang lol.

Meanwhile my shipments of ak47’s hidden in pallets of fake boner pills get in just fine.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
So my not landlord wants 1800 in rent despite not ever actually paying their rent. They have a notice of immediate eviction. I have a suit for unlawful detainer with the property company that is postponed.

So they are losing their lease, I'm still squatting for another month, moving out really but man the threats get old. Seeing as I have some access now the person I rented from has:
Multiple convictions for prostitution in the 2010s (keep in mind this is a 5' 300lb black female)
A huge wage garnishment for unpaid rent from 2017 that is still active
Perjury on a government form or something

And rent in this place was $73 a month, free utilities. I could easily cover all the back rent but it still wouldn't assign me the lease.

So someone explain me public housing because I mean my building is full of full on drug dealers, and they're awarding housing to people like this. your criminal record should definitely come into play especially with a lot of this stuff still being open prosecutions.

If you have money, why are you renting from a place that is $73/mo? Shouldn't you expect these things at that price point?
Well, I was paying 600. I have a boatload of money that I'm terrified to spend because I need a place but people get to showing it and are like ho hum I'm not sure I want to rent it. Had one place say me being disabled was a no go. >.< Had one people ask me of social security always got paid out. o_O (SS is like death and taxes it's guaranteed)

Stop looking a t sketchy ass places and you won't wind up in sketchy ass situations.
It's not sketch at all it's a really nice apartment actually. I'm also literally across the street from Johns Hopkins university. Almost no crime here. I just got duped on it.

It's not sketch at all it's a really nice apartment actually. I'm also literally across the street from Johns Hopkins university. Almost no crime here. I just got duped on it.
I don't think you have a realistic concept of what not sketchy means.

"Seeing as I have some access now the person I rented from has:
Multiple convictions for prostitution in the 2010s (keep in mind this is a 5' 300lb black female)
A huge wage garnishment for unpaid rent from 2017 that is still active
Perjury on a government form or something"

"my building is full of full on drug dealers"

Solved the problem I've been working on for two weeks at work. Turns out that when one of my cow-orkers tells me something, I should verify the information instead of taking them at their word.

I swear, this legacy project is fulla dumbasses, and I'm probably no exception.

But I like my satellites like my cars: stupid old and obscenely high mileage.