WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I stopped off at Office Creepo because I had a coupon and needed a 256GB SDXC card for @AppleTurkey's VW. Saw the pile of old toner cartridges behind the counter, and thought of you, man.
IIRC, they changed the policy years ago to make it not worth it. Before that, I think it was like a free $40 every month. I just kept em in the car and dropped some off when I was near.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Nah, these are new sets that the Mint releases in limited edition. There are companies that will pay you $XXX over. While its been months since a good Mint release, I've made about $1k in the last week or so.
So, are they limited in how many one person or company can buy, and then you just sell the excess sets off? *I understand you may not even keep one set for yourself - I bought sets off a customer/client once to settle his bill with me. Sold all those pricks.

IIRC, they changed the policy years ago to make it not worth it. Before that, I think it was like a free $40 every month. I just kept em in the car and dropped some off when I was near.
McFLy - are you Scottish? This sounds vary, vary Scottish. "I cost me $38 but God Dahm-nit, I got back $40. Made $2 on the bastards - heh!"

So, are they limited in how many one person or company can buy, and then you just sell the excess sets off? *I understand you may not even keep one set for yourself - I bought sets off a customer/client once to settle his bill with me. Sold all those pricks.
There are limits on each set. So I buy it, they send me an insured label, I send off the unopened box, profit.
McFLy - are you Scottish? This sounds vary, vary Scottish. "I cost me $38 but God Dahm-nit, I got back $40. Made $2 on the bastards - heh!"
A long time ago, you could return up to 20 empty toner cartridges a month to Office Depot and get $2 credit a piece. The credit was good for something like 120 days. You could also buy 500 empty carts on Ebay for like $50. It paid for itself very quickly and then you just got free money for like 5 minutes of work a month.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
best scam i ever done was when amazon mturk first started they had this job where you have to click on pictures for a few cents each. someone wrote a script that would select and click for you. made like 3k before it ended.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
Gotta try the aldi cart scam: ask if you can use someone's cart when they're done with it and offer them a quarter. Lots of folk will turn down the quarter.

Easy money

• Haha
Reactions: fly
None of the stores near me do the 25 cents to unlock a cart thing anymore.
So, I'm scamless at Aldi.
Unless they still give discounts for dented canned goods they didn't see me dent on purpose.

I think the only scam I ever ran was back in the day on my Hotline server where I had pay to click banner ads, I setup a bot to click on the ads every so many minutes. Ran the server hidden on a Mac at high school on their T1 connection. Made some decent bank before getting caught by admin.

So my employee is like ghosting me. Left in the middle of a job on Tuesday, not in yesterday and apparently not today. No reason given, just can't do it. I message him back asking if I need to make other arrangements to handle his workload, nothing....

So my employee is like ghosting me. Left in the middle of a job on Tuesday, not in yesterday and apparently not today. No reason given, just can't do it. I message him back asking if I need to make other arrangements to handle his workload, nothing....

Send another text letting him know his ass is fired.

Oh wow, so that fucking sucks.

he just no showed? or he sent you a message saying "not comin, deal with it"
Tuesday, messaged me saying something about his wife and he had to go home. Yesterday messaged me not coming in. Today messaged me first thing working from home today and tomorrow. I get out of two meeting this morning, asked him to take a couple of remote support session tickets over teams, nothing. Waited awhile. Texted his personal phone. "Not in a place that I can". Texted him back asking if he needs days off so I can make other arrangements to handle workload. Silence.

Tuesday, messaged me saying something about his wife and he had to go home. Yesterday messaged me not coming in. Today messaged me first thing working from home today and tomorrow. I get out of two meeting this morning, asked him to take a couple of remote support session tickets over teams, nothing. Waited awhile. Texted his personal phone. "Not in a place that I can". Texted him back asking if he needs days off so I can make other arrangements to handle workload. Silence.
He live close enough to go bang on his door?