WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I mean, maybe something really bad happened to his wife, but fuck that's selfish.
Someone from my work called my once when I was dealing with my wife's illness, and I flat out told him to fuck right off. He knew where I was and what I was doing and still had the audacity to call me. But I had the decency to tell my bosses what was up.

Tuesday, messaged me saying something about his wife and he had to go home. Yesterday messaged me not coming in. Today messaged me first thing working from home today and tomorrow. I get out of two meeting this morning, asked him to take a couple of remote support session tickets over teams, nothing. Waited awhile. Texted his personal phone. "Not in a place that I can". Texted him back asking if he needs days off so I can make other arrangements to handle workload. Silence.
Give me his number so I can teach him how to properly ghost a job.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
First job I ghosted kind of just happened. I way overslept two shifts in a row and idt I had called in at all on the first one.

Left some sunglasses and a water bottle there. :(

Tuesday, messaged me saying something about his wife and he had to go home. Yesterday messaged me not coming in. Today messaged me first thing working from home today and tomorrow. I get out of two meeting this morning, asked him to take a couple of remote support session tickets over teams, nothing. Waited awhile. Texted his personal phone. "Not in a place that I can". Texted him back asking if he needs days off so I can make other arrangements to handle workload. Silence.
I can appreciate the dude might be under extreme stress, but he needs to communicate with you. At least a terse text like , "dude, my life is so fucked right now, don't know when I will be back, really sorry.". idk. Either he should give an excuse (lame is ok) or he should tell you he's quitting. But as Dory said, maybe he is in a super bad place mentally.
Waa he working out otherwise? How long has he been with you? #Curious

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I can appreciate the dude might be under extreme stress, but he needs to communicate with you. At least a terse text like , "dude, my life is so fucked right now, don't know when I will be back, really sorry.". idk. Either he should give an excuse (lame is ok) or he should tell you he's quitting. But as Dory said, maybe he is in a super bad place mentally.
Waa he working out otherwise? How long has he been with you? #Curious
He's been okay. Been working for me since like right before Covid-19 shut everything down. I guess I'm annoyed because he's my only tech. So there's 50% of my workforce out of commission.

No really. And no reason given is annoying. If it was a personal issue, just say so. If it was shit pay, shit benefits, or I'm a dick, just be honest. Fuck I hate that.
Can you email and ask?

"I totally understand and wish you the best of luck. As I'm always striving to be better, is there anything I could have done differently to make your experience more worthwhile?"

Maybe you smell bad.
No joke, I had a prior employee doing a service call for a client. A year after that employee left, the client mentioned to me that he smelled really badly during that service call. So bad they had to open all the doors after the guy left. Yikes. Wish I had been told that earlier.

Last edited: