WTF So I just dick'd my butt

You know, being from an IT background and no longer being part of 'IT' gives new insite.

Such as the insite I just had of being told by our IT Team that documents stored on our server are no longer considered secured, and any info with PHI needs to be stored locally on our laptops only...

Secured folders on shared drives has been a thing for 2 decades now.

I may have just popped a disk from shaking my head so hard.

arent you some super executive now that can call them on their dumbassery?

heh, not quite.

this place has made me paranoid. i looked at this folder they wanted me to move. Inside my folder was a folder not mine. That folder had 10.5 gb of unencrypted data of a nature that if found on my PC could have gotten me fired on the spot.

Am I being to paranoid in thinking the IT manager just tried to get me fired by hoping I'd just move the folder and not bother to check the contents?

arent you some super executive now that can call them on their dumbassery?

We are hiring a new CIO soon. The requirements include a 'must have medical IT background'. I'm hoping I can kiss proper ass when he arrives so I can help guide him down the path.

You know, being from an IT background and no longer being part of 'IT' gives new insite.

Such as the insite I just had of being told by our IT Team that documents stored on our server are no longer considered secured, and any info with PHI needs to be stored locally on our laptops only...

Secured folders on shared drives has been a thing for 2 decades now.

I may have just popped a disk from shaking my head so hard.
insight

heh, not quite.

this place has made me paranoid. i looked at this folder they wanted me to move. Inside my folder was a folder not mine. That folder had 10.5 gb of unencrypted data of a nature that if found on my PC could have gotten me fired on the spot.

Am I being to paranoid in thinking the IT manager just tried to get me fired by hoping I'd just move the folder and not bother to check the contents?

probably but without understanding the nature of the contents it's hard to say. unknowingly moving a folder with patient data doesn't seem like a fireable offense, especially if you're following instructions in a ticket

The milf slayer is back on my shift!!!! Saw him today for the first time in forever. It looks like he's growing a mullet. I asked him what was up with his hair. He said, "I'm tired of dealing with young Immature chicks. Older mature bitches love hair like this on a dude."

Damn, I've missed that little fucker :lol:

The milf slayer is back on my shift!!!! Saw him today for the first time in forever. It looks like he's growing a mullet. I asked him what was up with his hair. He said, "I'm tired of dealing with young Immature chicks. Older mature bitches love hair like this on a dude."

A Mullet completes him.

Please get him to post here

heh, not quite.

Not paranoid at all , the clever office politicking worms will try shit like this , which is why so many peoples hands started to shake when they almost voted for Shrillary .

I hope my former client likes the sherrifs deputy paying him a visit at his business being served a court summons for small claims lawsuit that I intend to file for non-payment of invoices outstanding almost a year. Would love to see his reaction but that'll have to wait until court. I hope his employees know how much of a steaming pile of excrement he is and find a better place to work at.

Gotta do what you gotta do. Be civil about it, if he comes back at you, make it clear and firm that its business, not personal, and you just need to resolve your business dealings.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
The state of Maine sent me a letter last week that they will be auditing my company's sales and use tax, going back 3 years. At the end of the letter they also want to audit state income tax and withholding tax as well. Thankfully my state allows me to have a representative of my choosing be at the audit and chose the location. So my accountant will take care of that.

Digging expedition. They'll find a mouse hole and make a tunnel out of it. Annoying.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
The state of Maine sent me a letter last week that they will be auditing my company's sales and use tax, going back 3 years. At the end of the letter they also want to audit state income tax and withholding tax as well. Thankfully my state allows me to have a representative of my choosing be at the audit and chose the location. So my accountant will take care of that.

Digging expedition. They'll find a mouse hole and make a tunnel out of it. Annoying.

Maine's use tax is a joke.

Damnit, I was trying to sneak one by Jerry and it came out with a loud rip instead.

Now I've got to go check my underwear.

From the Shit My Dad Says archives:

On Whether to Vote for George W. Bush or Al Gore:
“Gore seems kind of like a pompous prick, but every time I see Bush I feel like he’s probably shit his pants in the last year, and it’s something he worries about.”

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum