WTF So I just dick'd my butt

It's shocking to me how unbelievably terrible QuickBooks is. Most of the time, it lacks the ability to tie payments with invoices that are done through its own fucking credit card processor.

QB: You've received a credit card payment for an invoice. What invoice should I apply it to?
Me: I FUCKING HATE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE.

freshbooks, yo

although probably too simple/limited for a business as well established as yours? not really sure.

I've hated quicken since the 90s

The annoying part about QB is the lock on the accounting software industry that they have. Like every accountant pretty much expects you to use QB. Any variation and they can't deal with it, can't answer questions, can't help you. People say Microsoft is evil, but until you've experienced Intuit the company and their software, you can't even begin to imagine evil.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
@fly, have a geez at Xero.com

The financial company I work for does all types of accounting, and they swear by this account software.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
So I called the county sheriff's dept last Friday to find out the status of them serving the notice of small claims action against my former client. Finally got transferred to the deputy who after a lot of prodding admitted he knows the owner and apologized for "dropping the ball" and not getting the paperwork served. Tomorrow AM I'm calling one more time, and if I get some bullshit answer I'm calling the actual elected sheriff to complain like all hell. Fucking Maine small towns where everyone knows everyone, goddamnit.

So I called the county sheriff's dept last Friday to find out the status of them serving the notice of small claims action against my former client. Finally got transferred to the deputy who after a lot of prodding admitted he knows the owner and apologized for "dropping the ball" and not getting the paperwork served. Tomorrow AM I'm calling one more time, and if I get some bullshit answer I'm calling the actual elected sheriff to complain like all hell. Fucking Maine small towns where everyone knows everyone, goddamnit.
Ayup. Gonna head down theya soon...

Hey @Mustard Dispenser @gee
What sorta shit would you expect a Junior Mechanical Engineer to know going into an interview?

Position I applied to got rolled into another one and they have labelled it a junior engineer position.

Just trying to prep for the interview
No clue. Don't work with mech engineers, only machinists.

Copying the "gif camera" thing from the other thread, talk about your side projects. FSAE car, the clay 3D printer, adventures with your own 3D printer, your mustang and other things you do on the side.

Well, that went very well I believe.

About the only concern they had was schedule considering I'm still in school. Other than that they liked that I had a wide range of experience, both in hands on and abstract things. They liked my experience in FSAE and what I had done there. I was the best dressed person in the meeting (Director of Development and an Engineering Executive Assistant that looked kinda like Ape's younger sister with braids.)
Said that what I'm doing depends on who I'm working with/what project they are attached to. One guy would have me working with updating their oldest product line's files (upgrading assemblies, helping with lowering cost of production, etc) while another guy would have me working with a new product line and I'd be working on actual component design.

Said this was the first round of interviews, they had another 5-6 this next week and they'd schedule me for a second interview either late next week or early the following.