WTF So I just dick'd my butt

or at least negotiate proper overtime if thats a thing in your field.

Director of Integration may be a 70 hour a week job, when your current is 50. So even if its a significant salary raise, it could be a net loss.

I haven't had an hourly wage in over a decade.

I don't work for free.
No one does. The savvy salaried professional calcuates their salary into their actual 60 hour work week.
And before five of you jump in and protest "I'm never in the office more than 40 hours", everything counts. Emails, texts, working on projects at home, and phone contact while commuting.
Most modern people don't have the luxury of a Fred Flintstone job where they get to slide down the Bronto-crane tail and screw off into the sunset in their footy car.

No one does. The savvy salaried professional calcuates their salary into their actual 60 hour work week.
And before five of you jump in and protest "I'm never in the office more than 40 hours", everything counts. Emails, texts, working on projects at home, and phone contact while commuting.
Most modern people don't have the luxury of a Fred Flintstone job where they get to slide down the Bronto-crane tail and screw off into the sunset in their footy car.

i have a unionized job :cool:

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Fred Flintstone here. I like it.

I'm telling you what the end result could be if you stay. And then they will make you miserable, while the job you accepted in the promise land is long gone. It's unlikely to be worth the risk...
How on earth do you know exactly how people will act/think in a given situation?

How on earth do you know exactly how people will act/think in a given situation?
Never said I did. The general opinion is that its a bad idea. Management resentment, fellow employee resentment, the reason you were looking for another job in the first place. Any or all of those can come back to bite you. Not to mention burning a bridge with the new company as well.