WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Never said I did. The general opinion is that its a bad idea. Management resentment, fellow employee resentment, the reason you were looking for another job in the first place. Any or all of those can come back to bite you. Not to mention burning a bridge with the new company as well.
I think there are many nuances that make this far more dynamic than you make it out to be. Single rule philosophies tend to be a load of shit.

5874030+_cb17775c969156044fd95c5e2a260a3f.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
So, interesting day ahead

First off, finally got the drug test yesterday. It's been almost 30 years since I last had to have one. It's now like going to the DMV. Sign in, wait in a long ass line, see a lot of people who came in after you get called before you, deal with rude as people who think that because something is posted in a piece of paper on the door but not to the internet sight that it should be good enough announcement to someone who just drove 10 miles to pee in a cup... I hope that's the last time I have to do that.

Second, and this one kind of bugs me. They made this big stink about keeping me, said they were going to come with a counter, yet here I am, 3 days from being gone, and all I got was a text with some light basics and a 'we'll talk today @ 4'.

They should have hit while the iron was hot. My mind is pretty made up at this point. Amazing benefits be damned, I really think a major change is what I need.

That and the really nice salary the new company is dropping ;)

The delay cost them a lot of the goodwill they built up last week. That and my micromanaging soon to be ex manager has made the past week just a serious pain in the ass.

#blogpost

I have to figure out how I'm gonna get my office fridge outta here. It ain't gonna fit in the mustang.

I might need to rent a minivan for my final day here. :lol:

They didn't send you to a Quest lab? Or are there just so many people getting drug tested in Florida that it requires places just for that?