WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Take these, @adi:

127752_640x428.jpg

Drive me nuts too. WordPress is for standard websites. Yet people keep wanting to use WordPress to create every type of website. This is bring in demand for php developers. Php should be dead now. If people want a bespoke dynamic website, then higher Web developers and get it done right, instead of making some Frankenstein site with WordPress.
Except that WordPress is extremely versatile and not every company has the time or money for the 400 hour professional services engagement needed for a completely custom website.

Except that WordPress is extremely versatile and not every company has the time or money for the 400 hour professional services engagement needed for a completely custom website.
Except you will need just as much time to create the customised website that wordpress wasn't meant for. And in the end you will have a crap website that no good developer will want to touch. You leave wordpress for the simple sites.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Except you will need just as much time to create the customised website that wordpress wasn't meant for. And in the end you will have a crap website that no good developer will want to touch. You leave wordpress for the simple sites.
Hm... I've had a completely different experience and I make WordPress websites full time.

Yeah but you don't make the type of websites that I'm saying you should make with wordpress.
I can make pretty much any kind of website with almost any common functionality. Unless something custom is needed like a website is acting as an online software that the company produces... (such as Quickbooks Online, Garmin Connect, Plex, etc.)

I've made WP sites like:
Event Ticket Sales
Print on Demand TShirt site (print shirts only once purchased)
Staffing agency/job boards
Subscription based product ordering
Local food ordering/delivery
Employee Intranets
Ambulance Air Travel reservation system
Membership/Angie List type sites
etc

I can make pretty much any kind of website with almost any common functionality. Unless something custom is needed like a website is acting as an online software that the company produces... (such as Quickbooks Online, Garmin Connect, Plex, etc.)

I've made WP sites like:
Event Ticket Sales
Print on Demand TShirt site (print shirts only once purchased)
Staffing agency/job boards
Subscription based product ordering
Local food ordering/delivery
Employee Intranets
Ambulance Air Travel reservation system
Membership/Angie List type sites
etc
They're all pretty simple websites (no offence), and using wordpress word be understandable in those situations.

Can you give me some examples of what you're talking about?
Like one of the sites I'm developing right now. It's a site that allows superfund advisors to manage their clients. It pulls in all the necessary data from financial institutions that is associated with the superfund, such as investments (lots of data for this one), transactions, pension, contributions, documents, etc.