WTF So a friend of mine has gone into a full blown porpoise v. wtf, advice??

I don't understand people that freak out on acid. You take acid to get exactly those results. That's the whole point of it.

For those who are prone to mental illness acid can make things a lot worse.

I thought lyme disease was one of those old disease we eradicated? :eek:

I doubt it'd brain cancer, she's just all out mad.

Actually brain cancer can cause all sorts of weird psychosis. I knew a guy in the end stages of brain cancer and he would be perfectly normal one moment and hiding in a closet screaming about the antennae people the next. You never know.

Anyway, unless you have some anti-psychotics or benzos laying around, there's probably not a lot you can do for her. Just reassure her.

For those who are prone to mental illness acid can make things a lot worse.

Actually brain cancer can cause all sorts of weird psychosis. I knew a guy in the end stages of brain cancer and he would be perfectly normal one moment and hiding in a closet screaming about the antennae people the next. You never know.

Anyway, unless you have some anti-psychotics or benzos laying around, there's probably not a lot you can do for her. Just reassure her.

Unfortunately, or fortunately I have none of those. I'd probably be able to get hold of some valium to calm her down but I'm not sure me giving her prescription drugs is a good call, she's very sensitive to anything mind altering.

Wow we agree.

Thank god there's a doctor in the house.

So whats your opinion on her loopiness. anything friends can do to help or will the professionals be able to deal with it effective (consider you actually know our medical system).

GP and mention nothing of any drug history - this is necessary. Any mental trauma will simply be chalked up to drug taking in the past from that point on, throughout her care within the system. You also get a lovely big sticker on your hardcopy record, to make sure it stays with you. Do not mention a fucking blowback off a joint at reading festival, do not mention a huff of NO2 at a party. Nothing.

she will be referred onward to a psychiatrist, but in the meantime may be passed to a community locum nurse. this is the best outcome as noone wants mirtazapine stepup for the next 4 years of their life.

Safe to say, if she is indeed exhibiting what your friend says, she will be sectioned and probably put in the priory or something similar. This is the best outcome for her own wellbeing.

GP and mention nothing of any drug history - this is necessary. Any mental trauma will simply be chalked up to drug taking in the past from that point on, throughout her care within the system. You also get a lovely big sticker on your hardcopy record, to make sure it stays with you. Do not mention a fucking blowback off a joint at reading festival, do not mention a huff of NO2 at a party. Nothing.

she will be referred onward to a psychiatrist, but in the meantime may be passed to a community locum nurse. this is the best outcome as noone wants mirtazapine stepup for the next 4 years of their life.

Safe to say, if she is indeed exhibiting what your friend says, she will be sectioned and probably put in the priory or something similar. This is the best outcome for her own wellbeing.

Not sure whether she's mentioned any drug taking history but I'm with you there, lazy GP's love a history of drugs, alcohol or depression to pin everything on for the rest of your life. That part of this system sucks ass.

Sectioning sucks, what a poor girl. Can't even comprehend being that out of my mind :( :( Always sad when peoples brains misfire like this. A friend of mines partner walked out a pub one day (after having just one pint after work) and doesn't remember a thing, completely lost his memory and he's a normal guy otherwise, no drugs, no nothing, just lost his entire memory. :eek:

Reassuring to know from you that she should be taken care of properly. Hopefully they can get this done quickly so she doesn't have to be under lock and key 24/7 by friends.

I'll ask you again: If it was drug psychosis do you really think I'd be worried? :rolleyes:

Idiot.

but you don't know that it's not, and yes you would still be worried because being a druggie doesn't make one qualified to decide whether or not one should be worried about a druggie mental fuck a doodle do

oh yeah that's a great idea

withhold pertinent information from a medical professional

outstanding advice

Not sure whether she's mentioned any drug taking history but I'm with you there, lazy GP's love a history of drugs, alcohol or depression to pin everything on for the rest of your life. That part of this system sucks ass.

Sectioning sucks, what a poor girl. Can't even comprehend being that out of my mind :( :( Always sad when peoples brains misfire like this. A friend of mines partner walked out a pub one day (after having just one pint after work) and doesn't remember a thing, completely lost his memory and he's a normal guy otherwise, no drugs, no nothing, just lost his entire memory. :eek:

Reassuring to know from you that she should be taken care of properly. Hopefully they can get this done quickly so she doesn't have to be under lock and key 24/7 by friends.

By definition neither can she.

most mental hospitals are full of kids who ran riot with daddys credit card at university anyway. older folks are easier to deal with when sedated in a care home, also takes less money to house them. having the states watchful eye up your dick 24 hours a day isn't exactly what anyone wants, but when you've went over the falls it's the only shot at rehabilitation. safer for her, and safer for her friends. she wants to become a productive member of society again, and while it's tough to come to terms with, it's a lot better than the other options.

of that list hallucinations, if vivid enough, will be enough to have her brought in. hell, the rest of that list is pretty normal for me.

and yes, illicit drug use are a perfect scapegoat for refusing a decent level of primary care. i'm not saying coke or heroin is acceptable, but a lot of GP's would subscribe to the theory that one joint 4 years ago is the reason you can't get to sleep at night, then refuse to prescribe.

loose lips sink your right to primary care.

oh yeah that's a great idea

withhold pertinent information from a medical professional

outstanding advice

i speak as part of the establishment, and i'd be happy to tell anyone this.

cite me on it if you want, cite my professors on it if you want, cite most of the oncological consultants i know on it if you want.

or just sit back and feel the head that was shaved for america. 9/11 man.