Should New Orleans be rebuilt?

if your home got fucked up in a terrible storm I'd hope that they'd rebuild it

Even though I don't personally know any of these people, my attitude towards the rebuild is no different

elpmis said:

Even though I don't personally know any of these people, my attitude towards the rebuild is no different
Even if you built it originally in a place you know that you shouldn't have?

fly said:
Even if you built it originally in a place you know that you shouldn't have?
just come out and say it, you don't wanna rebuild New Orleans because it's full of bunnys

b_sinning said:
Except with toxic water.
That lake is fucked up now. They were talking about opening up the beaches again next year. Guess that won't be happening.

LOL there are three Superfund sites in NO that are still underwater. Yay.

fly said:
That lake is fucked up now. They were talking about opening up the beaches again next year. Guess that won't be happening.

LOL there are three Superfund sites in NO that are still underwater. Yay.

A guy my wife knows was sent over with national guard. He waded through the water for a day helping people and got a horrible infection and they amputated one of his feet. WTF?!

b_sinning said:
A guy my wife knows was sent over with national guard. He waded through the water for a day helping people and got a horrible infection and they amputated one of his feet. WTF?!
What the tinkle? Are you serious???

elpmis said:
just come out and say it, you don't wanna rebuild New Orleans because it's full of [ADMIN EDIT]s

I wasn't gonna SAY it, I may have been thinking it, but I wasn't going to say it.

elpmis said:

If your house gets fucked up in a terrible storm, it's between you and your insurance company to get the check to pay for a rebuild.

This case, is a little different since the land is now under toxic water :fly: similar to the idiots that built on cliffs in California that lost their land thanks to mudslides.

from the little bit i understand, a storm of this size and power doesn't happen often. i'm not sure that i believe that with all the global things happening, but anyway.

from what i gather, the likelihood of this happening again to the same people is very low. i can't imagine growing up at HOME, regardless of what others think or how they see it, and have everyone dismiss it as a shithole and give up on it. if it's all i've ever known, if it's where i'd like to lie forever, if it contributed in part to making a part of me, if i can call it home, how dare others submit their worthless opinions on it. i can choose where i call home. please respect it.

that's what i would say, despite logic.

Thorn Bird said:
from the little bit i understand, a storm of this size and power doesn't happen often. i'm not sure that i believe that with all the global things happening, but anyway.

from what i gather, the likelihood of this happening again to the same people is very low. i can't imagine growing up at HOME, regardless of what others think or how they see it, and have everyone dismiss it as a shithole and give up on it. if it's all i've ever known, if it's where i'd like to lie forever, if it contributed in part to making a part of me, if i can call it home, how dare others submit their worthless opinions on it. i can choose where i call home. please respect it.

that's what i would say, despite logic.
Fine, then don't make me pay for it. The people who didn't have flood insurance and are requesting aid to rebuild from FEMA crack me up. If FEMA is gonna pay, why buy flood insurance?

Same with Atlanta. Sherman should have gone back and burned it again.

fly said:
Fine, then don't make me pay for it. The people who didn't have flood insurance and are requesting aid to rebuild from FEMA crack me up. If FEMA is gonna pay, why buy flood insurance?

that's a consideration. i do not know enough to argue either side. right now i think logic does sit on the side of "no"...i'm just thinking of losing my home and how upset i'd be if people chose to completely disregard that fact, which would be the biggest fact to me. know what i'm saying?