Pros:
* Marti Gras
* The city is older than the USA
* Big port between Gulf and the Mississippi

Cons:
* Dirty
* Cleanup/rebuilding may cost half a trillion
* Below sea level

I'm sure there are others, but thats what I came up with off the top of my head. What do you think?

fly said:
Pros:
* Marti Gras
* The city is older than the USA
* Big port between Gulf and the Mississippi

Cons:
* Dirty
* Cleanup/rebuilding may cost half a trillion
* Below sea level

I'm sure there are others, but thats what I came up with off the top of my head. What do you think?

i say yes..

Mardi Gras actually came from Mobile, AL so that's not really a pro.

But yes because rebuilding there can potentially bring the company I work for millions! :D

I got to unpacking some more boxes last night and I found my New Orleans magnent and shot glass. I also found my shot glass from New York that has a skyline on it and the twin towers are still there. It's like my shot glass collection ahs turned into a disaster memorial.

How can you possibly be upacking still after moving in like a month ago? Sit your ass home some Saturday and empty all your crap out.

btw, does anyone know how New Orleans came to be below sea level? It seems kinda odd that it was a natural process, being that its right by the Gulf...

We shouldn't start a precident of abadoning cities. What would we do? Call it a No Man's Land and say it's no longer part of the US? It would be crime central. Have you not seen Escape from LA or NY?

fly said:
btw, does anyone know how New Orleans came to be below sea level? It seems kinda odd that it was a natural process, being that its right by the Gulf...

The city sits on the banks of the Mississippi, where sediment from the river had created areas of elevated land called "natural levees." New Orleans' earliest buildings sat on top of these levees, but as the population grew, houses were built farther inland at lower elevations. To create usable land, water had to be pumped out of the area, which in turn caused the ground to sink even lower. It's possible for part of New Orleans to exist below sea level because the levees that surround the city protect it (most of the time) from floods.

b_sinning said:
We shouldn't start a precident of abadoning cities. What would we do? Call it a No Man's Land and say it's no longer part of the US? It would be crime central. Have you not seen Escape from LA or NY?
LOL

There are plenty of cities that have been abandon. Most of them are out west tho, where conditions ended up being to unhospitable. Kinda like New Orleans...

fly said:
LOL

There are plenty of cities that have been abandon. Most of them are out west tho, where conditions ended up being to unhospitable. Kinda like New Orleans...

None the size and history of New Orleans. Lets just send lifers and death row inmates in to start cleaning the crap up.

b_sinning said:

It would be an entire city of crackhouses!
They could ship all the countrys crackheads there so theyll all be in one centralized location.
Then we could fuckin nuke it!

Drool-Boy said:
It would be an entire city of crackhouses!
They could ship all the countrys crackheads there so theyll all be in one centralized location.
Then we could fuckin nuke it!

Let George Carlin suggest a project plan?