Halp Should I jump on this?

Specs look good to me. I'm also debating about upgrading. Rocking a Core i7 920 still with 6GB of RAM, GTX 560 ti 448 core, and a 128GB SSD.
Only thing I really lack is SATA 6gbit & USB 3.0.

consoles have really slowed the development cycle

Core 2500k here with SLI GTX460s and only every once in a once in a while can i not run something completely maxed out at 1080p

Times are tough now that I don't have a regular pay check.

:omy:

I did get my first payment today for one of the websites I built. YAY!!!

Cool! What are you doing now?

I just got paid in a ring myself recently LOL

Hey Luis, if you build a new computer, does that mean I get "The Beast" back? ;)

Last edited:
let coqui get at least a 7970

Honestly whatever he wants as long as he can afford it, I don't care.

"The Beast" is my old laptop I used for work. I call it such because the lid is thicker than the current laptop I own - which is technically not even an "ultrabook" because of the processor (not UL Voltage). My old laptop is 9 pounds - the current one is half that. At least my old laptop bag fits the new computer nicely!

holy shit kyle went full retard from the start of the post

the xbone is not an alternative to a pc

I guess you missed the part where I said he could get a very well equipped PC for half that cost and still get an Xbox to play games on, but good job being extra-douchey about it.

Pretty much every PC game I play runs just fine on my ~$50 Radeon 6000 series card.

Mind you my choice of games tends to be things like RTCW, eDuke3D+HRP and other 5-10 year old things. I've got co-workers who are heavily into Skyrim and happy to talk about how much they've spent on their video cards and what their FPS is, but I've seen the game and have neither the interest, time commitment or the desire to buy SLI video cards to run it *shrug*

I guess you missed the part where I said he could get a very well equipped PC for half that cost and still get an Xbox to play games on, but good job being extra-douchey about it.

like, full retard. all the way. complete, unadulterated, 100%, grade-A, pasteurized, retard. no retard stone left unturned. phd in retard. an entire retard galaxy and seven new retard elements will be named after you due to the degree of full retard you went. you would be on the jedi council of retard. if zombies were retards you would be patient zero. if you had gone any further into full retard you'd have to be watered twice a week. somewhere in middle earth is a hobbit trying to throw a retard ring into a volcano and your name is on the inscription. if retard were oil the US military would be invading you right now. if retard was squats & oats you would look like arnold in the 80s.

Last edited:
like, full retard. all the way. complete, unadulterated, 100%, grade-A, pasteurized, retard. no retard stone left unturned. phd in retard. an entire retard galaxy and seven new retard elements will be named after you due to the degree of full retard you went. you would be on the jedi council of retard.

You about done?

But then I'd have to buy another computer in 3-4 years, whereas this one would last me 6-8 years.....so I'd come out even. When I build machines, I build for them to last a while.

no, I made further edits

that was fun

Cool, well you go ahead and keep squeezing all that negativity out on a web forum in a conversation about the perceived superiority of a "gaming" PC over a console.

In the future I'll be more conscientious of your very delicate feelings on matters pertaining to electronic devices, k?

But then I'd have to buy another computer in 3-4 years, whereas this one would last me 6-8 years.....so I'd come out even. When I build machines, I build for them to last a while.

You would really only need to upgrade if you wanted to play some big-budget PC exclusive that really taxed the hardware. Those kind of games are already, and will only continue to get, more rare. In the upcoming generation of consoles we're going to see so few PC exclusives (most of which will be high-end/incredibly complex simulators, like itburns mentioned) that I don't think the investment in the hardware necessary is really worthwhile.

Meanwhile, for the initial investment on the Xbox/PS4 which is half the cost of that high-end PC now, you'll still reach your 8-year goal on gaming hardware, while having a PC that will be able to run any applications you'd need it to (most of which are going to be developed with the mobile market in mind aren't going to be incredibly hardware intensive anyway).

I don't know why you guys are so passionate about this, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing anyway.