Halp Should I jump on this?

You would really only need to upgrade if you wanted to play some big-budget PC exclusive that really taxed the hardware. Those kind of games are already, and will only continue to get, more rare. In the upcoming generation of consoles we're going to see so few PC exclusives (most of which will be high-end/incredibly complex simulators, like itburns mentioned) that I don't think the investment in the hardware necessary is really worthwhile.

Meanwhile, for the initial investment on the Xbox/PS4 which is half the cost of that high-end PC now, you'll still reach your 8-year goal on gaming hardware, while having a PC that will be able to run any applications you'd need it to (most of which are going to be developed with the mobile market in mind aren't going to be incredibly hardware intensive anyway).

I don't know why you guys are so passionate about this, I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing anyway.

Not sure why you are so passionate about this either. We have a working Xbox that we play maybe 3 times a month on average. Why would we want to replace a working console that we rarely play on? We do like a few games on the Kinect part - my son plays those the most too. In general we get way more use out of our Nintendo (also working). So I see zero point in getting a new stupid Xbox just to say we have the new one when the other one works and we don't play on it much.

That makes ZERO sense.

Plus this whole thing was about a computer - not a console in the first place.

Last edited:
Not sure why you are so passionate about this either. We have a working Xbox that we play maybe 3 times a month on average. Why would we want to replace a working console that we rarely play on? We do like a few games on the Kinect part - my son plays those the most too. In general we get way more use out of our Nintendo (also working). So I see zero point in getting a new stupid Xbox just to say we have the new one when the other one works and we don't play on it much.

That makes ZERO sense.

Plus this whole thing was about a computer - not a console in the first place.

he's not passionate, he's trolling.

It was mostly because someone just asked, "Should I wear a suit and tie or just a button up shirt and tie", and your response was, "Wear a polo and khakis."

actually, it was more like "wear a giant chicken suit" if we're being technical

Cool, well you go ahead and keep squeezing all that negativity out on a web forum in a conversation about the perceived superiority of a "gaming" PC over a console.

In the future I'll be more conscientious of your very delicate feelings on matters pertaining to electronic devices, k?

first off, the pc is superior if your play style prefers using a mouse and keyboard for FPS like cocky mentioned. I'm the same way. it doesn't matter one fucking bit if everyone else is on a level playing field because they're also using a controller, the point remains that I, and many other people, think FPS on console SUCKS. there's absolutely no fun in it even if I'm better than every other single player that has ever picked up a console because the play style is a pain in the ass

second, your memory engrams must be damaged regarding hardware capabilities because consoles, while excellent at what they do, lag behind PC development significantly. they are able to do so much with less hardware because they're specialized but they still can't pull off the high level rendering of top line PCs. that being said, you might not want to buy the most expensive video card on the market but with a console you can't simply replace the GPU, you have to replace the entire device if you want better graphics as opposed to upgrading one component.

third, the xbone is still rife with release issues. despite microsoft reversing itself on SOME of its utterly fuckstupid DRM policies many of the worst ones are still in place and they still insist that it's the right thing to do, everyone that doesn't like it can stick with a previous gen 360. as a company philosophy, microsoft's gaming division slammed their balls with a hammer.

fourth, it's not even out yet and he wants to play games now. what you did is the same thing microsoft did: "instead of buying a superior and more versatile product, just buy our previous one." the hell is that noise?

bottom line, coming into a thread about a gaming pc and suggesting buying a 360 then waiting for the xbone is about as full retard as coming into a thread about consoles and suggesting a pc. you're doing the same thing without the benefit of actually supporting the PC master race

P3I23jy.gif

It was mostly because someone just asked, "Should I wear a suit and tie or just a button up shirt and tie", and your response was, "Wear a polo and khakis."

In the end you aren't buying the PC with the focus being Photoshop or applications, you're buying it to play games. So while this is amusing (I laught), it's not accurate.

You say I'm comparing apples to oranges, but I'm not, I'm comparing one device to another based on its intended purpose.

he's not passionate, he's trolling.

Wrong, whether or not you keep saying this doesn't make it accurate.

I'm simply providing a different point of view, and I've done so this whole time without attacking anyone or being rude.

first off, the pc is superior if your play style prefers using a mouse and keyboard for FPS like cocky mentioned. I'm the same way. it doesn't matter one fucking bit if everyone else is on a level playing field because they're also using a controller, the point remains that I, and many other people, think FPS on console SUCKS. there's absolutely no fun in it even if I'm better than every other single player that has ever picked up a console because the play style is a pain in the ass

Entirely subjective.

second, your memory engrams must be damaged regarding hardware capabilities because consoles, while excellent at what they do, lag behind PC development significantly. they are able to do so much with less hardware because they're specialized but they still can't pull off the high level rendering of top line PCs. that being said, you might not want to buy the most expensive video card on the market but with a console you can't simply replace the GPU, you have to replace the entire device if you want better graphics as opposed to upgrading one component.

There's no need to upgrade a console. The dedicated hardware will long outlast any currently available GPU. Also, you don't have to worry about it because everything (even most games that come to the PC) are developed with console hardware in mind. In the early stage of the cycle the PC lags behind because it has to manage the OS in the background, at the end of the cycle the PC is then over-powered because the games it's playing are coded to be run on the less-powerful consoles. Right now, at the EXTREME late stage of the console cycle PCs well outpace consoles, that will all change in November.

third, the xbone is still rife with release issues. despite microsoft reversing itself on SOME of its utterly fuckstupid DRM policies many of the worst ones are still in place and they still insist that it's the right thing to do, everyone that doesn't like it can stick with a previous gen 360. as a company philosophy, microsoft's gaming division slammed their balls with a hammer.

Again, subjective. YOU dislike the direction that MS wants/wanted to go, I do not.

fourth, it's not even out yet and he wants to play games now. what you did is the same thing microsoft did: "instead of buying a superior and more versatile product, just buy our previous one." the hell is that noise?

I didn't know at the time he already had an 360. My point, which you so wonderfully glazed over AGAIN, was that he could buy a 360, the XB1, AND a very capable computer and STILL be at the same price point as a high-end gaming PC. There is no way you can rationally discount that cost-wise it does not make sense. It ESPECIALLY doesn't make sense to buy a PC right now with next-gen so close on the horizon.

bottom line, coming into a thread about a gaming pc and suggesting buying a 360 then waiting for the xbone is about as full retard as coming into a thread about consoles and suggesting a pc. you're doing the same thing without the benefit of actually supporting the PC master race

Super cool attempt at a "lol, I win" slam-dunk argument, (extra-points for the totally awesome gif! Totally proves your point!), but I'm not fazed. Most of your points are based on your opinion.

In the end you aren't buying the PC with the focus being Photoshop or applications, you're buying it to play games. So while this is amusing (I laught), it's not accurate.

You say I'm comparing apples to oranges, but I'm not, I'm comparing one device to another based on its intended purpose.

Yes it's to play games, but I will use it for other reasons too. This will be a replacement for me to browse the forums as well. To play some fb games that are very memory intensive (so I can't do it on a tablet or phone). Streaming video, and audio as well. I intend to use this as my main machine.

like, full retard. all the way. complete, unadulterated, 100%, grade-A, pasteurized, retard. no retard stone left unturned. phd in retard. an entire retard galaxy and seven new retard elements will be named after you due to the degree of full retard you went. you would be on the jedi council of retard. if zombies were retards you would be patient zero. if you had gone any further into full retard you'd have to be watered twice a week. somewhere in middle earth is a hobbit trying to throw a retard ring into a volcano and your name is on the inscription. if retard were oil the US military would be invading you right now. if retard was squats & oats you would look like arnold in the 80s.

Fucking rolling

:lol:

:thumbup:

Yes it's to play games, but I will use it for other reasons too. This will be a replacement for me to browse the forums as well. To play some fb games that are very memory intensive (so I can't do it on a tablet or phone). Streaming video, and audio as well. I intend to use this as my main machine.

Right, I understand that, and I accounted for all of those things when I suggested getting a cheaper PC. A $300 out of the box Dell (basically the cost of most mid to high end GPUS) will do all of those things for years to come.

Last edited:

P3I23jy.gif

Or for an RTS. Can you imagine playing an rts with anything but a mouse?