Send a brick

Galen said:
I don't want to argue with you. You're one of the only decent guys here.

I posted that because voting with a gun is moronic, irrespective of the hallowed constitution. I'm sure the 2nd amendment applied 200 years ago, but not today.
Thank you for telling us the truth. What the hell would we do without europeans who know our own country better than we do.

I'm not trying to say "Let's remove the rights of all gun owners" like a bunch of backward-ass Texas law school dropouts think about "libbys". But some form of gun control is needed. You can't even walk down a street in the US without thinking some nutjob is going to pull a gun on you because he doesn't like how you look or what you're wearing. We're not South Africa just yet.
Yeah it happens all the time. :rolleyes: The only people "gun control" controls are the ones that actually obey the law in the first place. Anyone who can legally purchase a weapon (omg you do need to pass a background check to buy guns) isnt going to go about doing idiotic things with it. I wouldnt trust anyone I've met in the UK with a gun simply because they dont know what is responsible and what isnt. I've been around enough firepower to take over a small country since I was born and taught what is legal and responsible, it's a cultural rift that you could at least attempt to understand.

Every American has the right to hang bear arms on his wall, how could that have possibly been misinterpreted?

FlamingGlory said:
Thank you for telling us the truth. What the hell would we do without europeans who know our own country better than we do.

Yeah it happens all the time. :rolleyes: The only people "gun control" controls are the ones that actually obey the law in the first place. Anyone who can legally purchase a weapon (omg you do need to pass a background check to buy guns) isnt going to go about doing idiotic things with it. I wouldnt trust anyone I've met in the UK with a gun simply because they dont know what is responsible and what isnt. I've been around enough firepower to take over a small country since I was born and taught what is legal and responsible, it's a cultural rift that you could at least attempt to understand.
Oh sorry, I forgot all the feral youth and street urchins were as edumacated as yall in regards to daddys colt.

Give me a break :rolleyes: Are you having a laugh? Are you honestly telling me your society is totally fine with the amount of guns available today?

I'd love to believe your utopian theory, I really would. But that's just not Europaeny of me. Right?

FlamingGlory said:
:p This isnt even what this thread started out about.
A meeting with your local representative is a better idea than sending an object through the post. I am aware that they must represent their constituents, right?

I don't personally feel the need to surround myself with weapons, but I like the fact that if someone on the subway, or in a restaurant, or in Walmart decides to whip out a gun and threaten someone there is a possibility that 30 people could do the same thing back.

Taking away guns just means that the average person who doesn't have access to illicit sources can't protect themself. My buddy and I carry pretty much everywhere. USP40s.

Sarcasmo said:
I don't personally feel the need to surround myself with weapons, but I like the fact that if someone on the subway, or in a restaurant, or in Walmart decides to whip out a gun and threaten someone there is a possibility that 30 people could do the same thing back.

Taking away guns just means that the average person who doesn't have access to illicit sources can't protect themself. My buddy and I carry pretty much everywhere. USP40s.
Handguns were completly removed from society in the UK. I'd deem that as a success security-wise. Not that everyone in the UK is as batshit insane as your avarage American, but I'm sure a lot of people slept easier at night knowing that someone with a grudge against them could not freely buy a gun from a local dealer. BUT WAIT, THEY'D BE STOPPED BY THE AWESOME BACKGROUND CHECK.

Sorry, I just realised that. I'm sure everyone who has a problem with guns will now drop their argument.

Galen said:
Handguns were completly removed from society in the UK. I'd deem that as a success security-wise. Not that everyone in the UK is as batshit insane as your avarage American, but I'm sure a lot of people slept easier at night knowing that someone with a grudge against them could not freely buy a gun from a local dealer. BUT WAIT, THEY'D BE STOPPED BY THE AWESOME BACKGROUND CHECK.

Sorry, I just realised that. I'm sure everyone who has a problem with guns will now drop their argument.

I've seen Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. There are plenty of handguns in the UK.

Galen said:
Oh sorry, I forgot all the feral youth and street urchins were as edumacated as yall in regards to daddys colt.

Give me a break :rolleyes: Are you having a laugh? Are you honestly telling me your society is totally fine with the amount of guns available today?

I'd love to believe your utopian theory, I really would. But that's just not Europaeny of me. Right?
Well if you promise to listen I'll stop patronizing you. :p

The biggest thing here is that registration = confiscation. That is the byline of the NRA based on what has happened in Austrailia and the UK. Not a unbased fear. Personally I wouldnt mind a liscensing system IF it meant that I could purchase whatever I wanted and that it would never get taken away. I dont want to hear "but you dont need whatever you want". I'm not insane, I live in the middle of nowhere, I have 240lbs of high explosives for "agricultural use" and see absolutely no reason why I cant have M2 or M60 (which because of our smattered gun laws are legal to own if made before 1986, going price is about $250,000).

The thing is that "gun control" doesnt have anything to do with control. It is for the complete ban on civilian ownership of any firearms except those suited for hunting purposes (and hunting isnt something that is hard, I could hunt shit with a musket). No give, no comprise. Recently (1994-2004) there was a ban on semi-automatic rifles that looked scary. The government arbitrarily decided that having a rifle that was coloured black, had a pistol grip, could take detachable magazines, and had a bayonet lug was evil and banned them outright, regardless of the fact that the mechanical operation of said rifles was exactly the same as what they declared to be legal hunting rifles. Absolutely no debate, no exceptions for people involved in sports that used these rifles etc.

Edited out: Just explained the 2nd amendment but I fear youd misunderstand what Im trying to get across.

Something that has been bugging me though, why do you use double quotes instead of single?

Galen said:
A meeting with your local representative is a better idea than sending an object through the post. I am aware that they must represent their constituents, right?
I have 1 representive who covers over 1,000 square miles. Like he's going to meet someone much less listen to them.

Galen said:

So you're basing you're entire argument on the fact that americans are "batshit insane" and people over there arent? Yeah, awesome :rolleyes: