Send a brick

FlamingGlory said:
Well if you promise to listen I'll stop patronizing you. :p

The biggest thing here is that registration = confiscation. That is the byline of the NRA based on what has happened in Austrailia and the UK. Not a unbased fear. Personally I wouldnt mind a liscensing system IF it meant that I could purchase whatever I wanted and that it would never get taken away. I dont want to hear "but you dont need whatever you want". I'm not insane, I live in the middle of nowhere, I have 240lbs of high explosives for "agricultural use" and see absolutely no reason why I cant have M2 or M60 (which because of our smattered gun laws are legal to own if made before 1986, going price is about $250,000).

The thing is that "gun control" doesnt have anything to do with control. It is for the complete ban on civilian ownership of any firearms except those suited for hunting purposes (and hunting isnt something that is hard, I could hunt shit with a musket). No give, no comprise. Recently (1994-2004) there was a ban on semi-automatic rifles that looked scary. The government arbitrarily decided that having a rifle that was coloured black, had a pistol grip, could take detachable magazines, and had a bayonet lug was evil and banned them outright, regardless of the fact that the mechanical operation of said rifles was exactly the same as what they declared to be legal hunting rifles. Absolutely no debate, no exceptions for people involved in sports that used these rifles etc.

Edited out: Just explained the 2nd amendment but I fear youd misunderstand what Im trying to get across.

Something that has been bugging me though, why do you use double quotes instead of single?
Okay, you've completly failed to understand what I was saying, but sure. That's how you guys argue.

I could have used either speech marks or apostrophes, as I was denoting what someone would say, as well as having said.

Sarcasmo said:
I don't personally feel the need to surround myself with weapons, but I like the fact that if someone on the subway, or in a restaurant, or in Walmart decides to whip out a gun and threaten someone there is a possibility that 30 people could do the same thing back.

Taking away guns just means that the average person who doesn't have access to illicit sources can't protect themself. My buddy and I carry pretty much everywhere. USP40s.
Or if they whip out a knife, bat, try to hit you with their car... :)

FlamingGlory said:
So you're basing you're entire argument on the fact that americans are "batshit insane" and people over there arent? Yeah, awesome :rolleyes:
To put it bluntly. Yes! Someone from there is a lot more likely to kill someone over a spilled pint, a comment or the drop of a hat than someone here. Simple as.
I guess that's just the culture, and that awesome show with Rtrd Sherif John Burnell.

Galen said:
Okay, you've completly failed to understand what I was saying, but sure. That's how you guys argue.

I could have used either speech marks or apostrophes, as I was denoting what someone would say, as well as having said.
Ok what are you trying to say? I read exactly what you posted and responded to it. Clarify and I'll try again.

I meant actaully that when I use to do schoolwork for someone quotes were always supposed to be in the singular. Like ' " " ' whereas in the US we go " ' ' "

FlamingGlory said:
Ok what are you trying to say? I read exactly what you posted and responded to it. Clarify and I'll try again.

I meant actaully that when I use to do schoolwork for someone quotes were always supposed to be in the singular. Like ' " " ' whereas in the US we go " ' ' "
It seems that some people in your society don't care much for gun legislation or the hallowed NRA and just want a gun simply because it's a fashion trend or they want to kill someone who "dissed" them at KFC. These people obviously don't purchase guns via legal means, and since the system is overflowing with 'hot' firearms, there's no shortage of said items. What exactly do you plan to do with these people? Allow the system to become flooded with yet more weaponry, or actually try to stem the flow. Authoritarian or not, innocent people are dying everyday because of guns obviously used for fishing or fucking digging a hole and there has to be something done about it.

From what I gather, our system is the other way around to that of your own.

Galen said:
That's his job. If not, make it yours.
That a lofty idea. You laugh at me for having a bit of faith in the fact that a sane civilized white person isnt going to blow me away because they've been taugh better but you think I could run for an office without having a name and industrial backing. Besides he's the same guy who turned down my application to Westpoint because he's never heard of me before and my parents didnt donate money to his campaign.

FlamingGlory said:
That a lofty idea. You laugh at me for having a bit of faith in the fact that a sane civilized white person isnt going to blow me away because they've been taugh better but you think I could run for an office without having a name and industrial backing. Besides he's the same guy who turned down my application to Westpoint because he's never heard of me before and my parents didnt donate money to his campaign.
I meant make it your job to go see him and make him make time for you. I've needed the signature of my local representative before and a made fucking sure I got it.

I'm not suggesting you run for public office, but I'm sure you could and why not? You'd be Republican, right?

Galen said:
I meant make it your job to go see him and make him make time for you. I've needed the signature of my local representative before and a made fucking sure I got it.

I'm not suggesting you run for public office, but I'm sure you could and why not? You'd be Republican, right?

Thing is, senators & such dont have time for "little" people. Unless youre a lobbiest or just have piles of cash, youre invisible.

Galen said:
I don't want to argue with you. You're one of the only decent guys here.

I posted that because voting with a gun is moronic, irrespective of the hallowed constitution. I'm sure the 2nd amendment applied 200 years ago, but not today.

I'm not trying to say "Let's remove the rights of all gun owners" like a bunch of backward-ass Texas law school dropouts think about "libbys". But some form of gun control is needed. You can't even walk down a street in the US without thinking some nutjob is going to pull a gun on you because he doesn't like how you look or what you're wearing. We're not South Africa just yet.
No one is voting with a gun. The whole point of that second amendment is to prevent a situation in which we would ever have to do so. None of us knows who's going to be controlling the White House fifty years from now, or even in the next election. It's always better to have something and not need it than need something and not have it.

The second amendment applies today just as much as 200 years ago. Does our first amendment only protect our right to parchment and quill pens? No; in addition to protecting other rights it protects our right to free speech in any form, be it written, spoken, sung, typed, or represented in CGI. Our right to defend ourselves as we see fit is as important today as it has ever been.

Some form of gun control already exists and it causes more problems than it fixes. We all know that prohibition does not work in this country. When they said "ban alcohol", the substance was provided by the criminal underground and created the problem of organized crime in the US. When they said "ban drugs", the substances were provided by the criminal underground and created the problem of gang rivalry in the US. If they say "ban guns" it will not get rid of guns; they will be provided by the criminal underground.

Look, you can't uninvent the firearm any more than you can unfry an egg. The technology and knowledge exists so unless you find a way to erase the knowledge of internal combustion from society then there will always be guns. Always. There are half a billion guns in the world and they're relatively simple and durable devices. With proper care and maintenance a gun built today will work just as well two hundred years from now. Guns do not require giant manufacturing machines; they were handmade generations ago and some are still hand made today.

But gun control laws don't stop gun crimes. Wanna know why they can't? Because a law is nothing more than the text of an idea. A line of text in a book is not going to stop some thug from buying a gun. If he wants to rob a bank he's not about to do it with a knife because doing it with a gun is going to increase his sentence. Criminals disobey the law, that's why we call them criminals. Why on earth would they suddenly obey gun laws?

They wouldn't.

Your last line is ridiculous. How often do you hear about a legal gun owner drawing his weapon and killing random people in the street? You obviously do not know a single gun owner because your idea that we're psychos willing to shoot for no reason is asanine. When a gun owner is carrying his weapon he understands the responsibility he's tasked with. He understands that the weapon on his hip can end a human life and knows that the only time it's morally and legally justified to use is in defense of his or someone else's life.

If guns are so dangerous then why don't we ever hear about massive shootings at gun shows?

Your ideas that your country is safer because of gun control laws is also ridiculous. Gun crimes occur in your country as well, not nearly as many as here of course. But what about knife crimes? Home invasions? Muggings? Robberies? Assault? Have all of those crimes been reduced because of gun control? No; the only thing that your gun control has done is prevented victims of muggings, assault, rape, and murder from being able to defend themselves.

I gotta get to cleaning up but I'll pontificate more later :D

Galen said:
It seems that some people in your society don't care much for gun legislation or the hallowed NRA and just want a gun simply because it's a fashion trend or they want to kill someone who "dissed" them at KFC. These people obviously don't purchase guns via legal means, and since the system is overflowing with 'hot' firearms, there's no shortage of said items. What exactly do you plan to do with these people? Allow the system to become flooded with yet more weaponry, or actually try to stem the flow. Authoritarian or not, innocent people are dying everyday because of guns obviously used for fishing or fucking digging a hole and there has to be something done about it.

From what I gather, our system is the other way around to that of your own.
We dont care for more gun legislation because we arent criminals perhaps? You'd deny people who've never done anything wrong a right?

Criminals will always obtain 'hot' items. If you ban law abiding people from owning an item how exactly does it effect criminals aside from making their job easier. They are already breaking one or more laws, what does it matter if they use guns. Control does not decrease crime and it's been proven many times.

I'd hate to quote numbers because they can be manipulated but according to the DOJ. http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...rifles+used+in+crime&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=1

29% of violent crimes involve use of a firearm, less than 1% of those are commited using a rifle, and there has been exactly 1 crime ever commited using a legally owned machine gun. Of course those statistics include ND/ADs and suicides so they are already skewed.

Either way, it appears youll never agree with me or even see things from my side.

Last edited:
Galen said:

See Drool-Boy's comment. I dont donate money.

Libertarian. I'm pro-choice and not exactly crazy about religion.

oh and since you posted a pretty picture, here are a few I like :cool:

s_colors3.jpg

predict2_s.jpg

s_monopoly.jpg

s_comeback.jpg

s_support.jpg

realsecurity_s.jpg

colors4_s.jpg

stopKKK_s.jpg

s_safetyrules.jpg

s_doors.jpg

s_response.jpg