Send a brick

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥20,400
This is the result of a thread posted at 2330 on a gun forum. In response to the "marchers" from last week.

Pretty much is send a brick to your senator, or one specific government address. It's still in the planning stages. They are all going to be mailed before May 30th. Sort of a build a wall motif. ^__^

One brick, USPS priority mail, $8.15.

Links to the relevant interweb places:

Where it all started: http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=454259
The hastily thrown together website about it: http://www.send-a-brick.com/index.htm

fly said:
Building a wall is the most retarded thing ever.
Works in Korea.

I dont think it'll actually change any minds, but hell most people dont even vote.

Heard an interesting question the other day on the radio. So the debate rages on whether or not to make being here illegally a felony. Most people agree that if that were to happen, many illegals would disobey and that worries people.

But what would happen if they obeyed and eleven million people suddenly just up and left? Would certain industries be drastically effected? Would certain small business lose their customer base? What kind of effect would this have on the economy as a whole?

FlyNavy said:
Heard an interesting question the other day on the radio. So the debate rages on whether or not to make being here illegally a felony. Most people agree that if that were to happen, many illegals would disobey and that worries people.

But what would happen if they obeyed and eleven million people suddenly just up and left? Would certain industries be drastically effected? Would certain small business lose their customer base? What kind of effect would this have on the economy as a whole?

Walmarts across the nation would be a little less crowded.

One time about 7 years ago I went shrooming with a few friends. We picked this cow field outside of town I pass on the way to my parents. We wait until about 3 am and sneak over the fence and start searching. We didn't use a flash light becuase it was very exposed to the road but it was a full moon and we were fucked up so we thought it would be ok. We were stumbling along and all of the sudden my friend steps on something. He says that he just stepped on something and it was moving and please look and see what it is. We stumble over to see what he's talking about and fall over some illegal mexicans camped out in the field. They woke up screaming in spanish and we were screaming becuase they scared the hell out of us. We all took off running in different directions. I wonder if a few of them made it back to the border. We all ran back to the car and died laughing when we finially figured out what we did. Didn't get any shrooms but we did make one cow pasture a little safer.

Last edited:
FlyNavy said:

As they're already breaking the law I dont see how criminalizing it any further would change anything. This is what happens when you ignore a problem for going on 50 years and hope it solves itself, there already was an amnesty in 1986 (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Simpson-Mazzoli Act, IRCA, Pub. L. 99-603, Nov. 6, 1986, 100 Stat. 3359), which did nothing.

Half of the world already has protectionist economies and strict immigration. Look into what it takes to get citizenship in any EU country. You essentially can't unless you marry someone, even Canada has a policy that keeps it's social services from being dragged down.

In NY (locally reported in the Post Standard) the average state citizen pays $1768 more in social services than they consume. I know I paid $2000 on $8000 (rounding) for state social services and unemployment which Im barred from collecting (edit: I blame black people for that though ^__^).

Last edited:
Drool-Boy said:
A wall isnt the answer.
Fine the pants off of companies that hire illegals and the problem will quickly go away.
Put half the money thats in border patrol now into fining companies = problem drastically reduced.

Drool-Boy said:
A wall isnt the answer.
Fine the pants off of companies that hire illegals and the problem will quickly go away.
yea no :lol: first of all it's no easier catching a company that hires illegals than the illegals themselves. secondly, there is no reason a small business owner should be punished for hiring a guy for a day. when I needed a couple of extra guys to plant trees for me, I stopped at a home depot and let them hop in the back of the truck. once in a while I had guys that were obviously from here but I felt it was in no way my responsibility to check SSN cards or work visas. I had work to be performed, they were willing to perform it.

They made money, the client paid more for work being done sooner, the government got their tax money because since it was undocumented we couldn't deduct the money (though sometimes I paid them out of my own pocket). I don't see the problem and the bottom line is that there is no reason it should have ever been my responsibility to check their legal status.

fly said:
Put half the money thats in border patrol now into fining companies = problem drastically reduced.
You do know it's a $250 fine for employing illegals?

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER II > Part VIII > § 1324a(e)

FlamingGlory said:
As they're already breaking the law I dont see how criminalizing it any further would change anything. This is what happens when you ignore a problem for going on 50 years and hope it solves itself, there already was an amnesty in 1986 (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Simpson-Mazzoli Act, IRCA, Pub. L. 99-603, Nov. 6, 1986, 100 Stat. 3359), which did nothing.
I agree.
Half of the world already has protectionist economies and strict immigration. Look into what it takes to get citizenship in any EU country. You essentially can't unless you marry someone, even Canada has a policy that keeps it's social services from being dragged down.
True. Although Canada's social services are already being dragged down by Canada.
In NY (locally reported in the Post Standard) the average state citizen pays $1768 more in social services than they consume. I know I paid $2000 on $8000 (rounding) for state social services and unemployment which Im barred from collecting (edit: I blame black people for that though ^__^).
I feel that's a problem associated with the social services and welfare systems, not necessarily with illegals. Sure hospitals have to care for people who can't, understandable. But what irks me more is when full citizens sit on their asses on welfare while illegals who genuinely want to work, knowing full well they're damn near unprotected by the law, do so anyways with great risk.

I do feel that if someone wants to work here it should be done legally but thinking that simply trying to kick everyone out or build some wall (lol without mexicans...who's gonna built it?!? :p) is putting a dirty bandaid on an amputated limb. It's not going to solve the problem, if anything will make things worse.

FlyNavy said:
I agree. True. Although Canada's social services are already being dragged down by Canada.
True. :lol:

I feel that's a problem associated with the social services and welfare systems, not necessarily with illegals. Sure hospitals have to care for people who can't, understandable. But what irks me more is when full citizens sit on their asses on welfare while illegals who genuinely want to work, knowing full well they're damn near unprotected by the law, do so anyways with great risk.
The thing is there are alot of illegals who do exactly what full citizens do when they get on welfare. It would be nice to think they all want to work but around here the ones that work on farms etc are almost all legal or saving up to become legal. The ones protesting etc. recently are either La Raza or gangs.

I do feel that if someone wants to work here it should be done legally but thinking that simply trying to kick everyone out or build some wall (lol without mexicans...who's gonna built it?!? :p) is putting a dirty bandaid on an amputated limb. It's not going to solve the problem, if anything will make things worse.
I dont see how actually enforcing border laws would make things worse. It might make them attack us but I think that if we can invade a country halfway around the world and defeat it in under 2 months... Mexico wouldnt be a problem. Actually switching the ATF and ICE would work. ICE never enforces anything, let's put them in charge of guns and tobacco, the ATF who are liable to burn down your house and shoot your dog would rock the borders hardcore.

I was coming out of the gym... just had a brutal leg day (got up to 10 plates on the leg press... each side!). I came busting out of the gym, testosterone flowing. I walk to the gym b/c i live 10 mins from it... and I saw this marine guy that always works out at my gym... he was obviously going to workout. He is about 5'9'' 200lbs, nice build but nothing overpowering, and has shaved sides and a flat top (thats how I know he is a marine) and hes like 40 yrs old. Well he was walking inthe opposite direction of me. I had been working on this thing to get better at picking up girls during the day (even with my looks its sometimes still difficult when theres like 2 hot chicks talking to 3 dudes at the same time but Im getting better) where I look at people in the eyes and make THEM look away first... this shows confidence and dominance... ever catch yourself looking a hot girl then she makes eye contact then you look away to act like you werent starring? I DONT.

So I started starring at this guy (working on my eye contact) and the fucker starts starring me down. Most people look away after the first 3 seconds (guys at least, girls are better at holding the eye contact, but maye thats b/c they want me to talk to them), but this guy was trying to challenge me. I didnt budge, not one fucking inch. After about 10 seconds of starring he looked forward in the direction he was going, which was about 5 feet before he was even with me, and I whispered to myself "yea thats right bitch." He stopped and said "excuse me?!" but i just kept walking with my head tilted up and acted like i didnt hear him. Fuck yea!

FlamingGlory said:
The thing is there are alot of illegals who do exactly what full citizens do when they get on welfare. It would be nice to think they all want to work but around here the ones that work on farms etc are almost all legal or saving up to become legal. The ones protesting etc. recently are either La Raza or gangs.
I realize they don't all want to work, and those that don't shouldn't be here. Illegals should not be getting welfare in the first place - then again I don't believe in even having a welfare system...that stuff should all be handled by private charity, not tax dollars creating a system of forced wealth redistribution :rolleyes:.

I dont see how actually enforcing border laws would make things worse. It might make them attack us but I think that if we can invade a country halfway around the world and defeat it in under 2 months... Mexico wouldnt be a problem. Actually switching the ATF and ICE would work. ICE never enforces anything, let's put them in charge of guns and tobacco, the ATF who are liable to burn down your house and shoot your dog would rock the borders hardcore.
I don't mind border laws being enforced. I have full respect for the job the Border Guards, as well as the Minutemen, are doing. Tens of thousand cross each day; I'm not so much worried about the ones that are going to work here for an honest living but the ones that are here to commit other crimes or leech off the system.

I think the key is to look at why people come here illegally. They do so because it's easier than doing it the legal way. Make it easier to come into the US on a work visa with all the protections involved than to simply cross the border and it will stem the flow. Eventually the majority of people trying to cross illegally will be the ones that didn't pass muster and couldn't get work visas; those being criminals and maybe, just maybe, a "terrorist" (though I think we know which neighboring country all the 9/11 hijackers came from...damn frostbacks).

I don't agree with any kind of amnesty; no one should have an easier time becoming a citizen the wrong way than the right way. But I also think that the other extreme, simply saying "Get the fuck out, the rest of you stay out" is not going to solve anything. They're not taking jobs away from Americans; our economy has such a strong base in unskilled labor that when there are more people here to work more jobs will open to fill the need. The problems lie in outsourcing labor jobs to other countries.

jaxxor said:
I was coming out of the gym... just had a brutal leg day (got up to 10 plates on the leg press... each side!). I came busting out of the gym, testosterone flowing. I walk to the gym b/c i live 10 mins from it... and I saw this marine guy that always works out at my gym... he was obviously going to workout. He is about 5'9'' 200lbs, nice build but nothing overpowering, and has shaved sides and a flat top (thats how I know he is a marine) and hes like 40 yrs old. Well he was walking inthe opposite direction of me. I had been working on this thing to get better at picking up girls during the day (even with my looks its sometimes still difficult when theres like 2 hot chicks talking to 3 dudes at the same time but Im getting better) where I look at people in the eyes and make THEM look away first... this shows confidence and dominance... ever catch yourself looking a hot girl then she makes eye contact then you look away to act like you werent starring? I DONT.

So I started starring at this guy (working on my eye contact) and the fucker starts starring me down. Most people look away after the first 3 seconds (guys at least, girls are better at holding the eye contact, but maye thats b/c they want me to talk to them), but this guy was trying to challenge me. I didnt budge, not one fucking inch. After about 10 seconds of starring he looked forward in the direction he was going, which was about 5 feet before he was even with me, and I whispered to myself "yea thats right bitch." He stopped and said "excuse me?!" but i just kept walking with my head tilted up and acted like i didnt hear him. Fuck yea!
wrong thread?

FlyNavy said:
I realize they don't all want to work, and those that don't shouldn't be here. Illegals should not be getting welfare in the first place - then again I don't believe in even having a welfare system...that stuff should all be handled by private charity, not tax dollars creating a system of forced wealth redistribution :rolleyes:.
Welfare isnt going away. Too many people think it's good (read: large coastal cities) so you have to deal with it.

I don't mind border laws being enforced. I have full respect for the job the Border Guards, as well as the Minutemen, are doing. Tens of thousand cross each day; I'm not so much worried about the ones that are going to work here for an honest living but the ones that are here to commit other crimes or leech off the system.

I think the key is to look at why people come here illegally. They do so because it's easier than doing it the legal way. Make it easier to come into the US on a work visa with all the protections involved than to simply cross the border and it will stem the flow. Eventually the majority of people trying to cross illegally will be the ones that didn't pass muster and couldn't get work visas; those being criminals and maybe, just maybe, a "terrorist" (though I think we know which neighboring country all the 9/11 hijackers came from...damn frostbacks).

I don't agree with any kind of amnesty; no one should have an easier time becoming a citizen the wrong way than the right way. But I also think that the other extreme, simply saying "Get the fuck out, the rest of you stay out" is not going to solve anything. They're not taking jobs away from Americans; our economy has such a strong base in unskilled labor that when there are more people here to work more jobs will open to fill the need. The problems lie in outsourcing labor jobs to other countries.
Agreed. The reason we have a system of course is to weed out the ones who arent going to work, the system sucks and the enforcement of it sucks. It is the system though, enforced by the letter and spirit of the law. Essentially what the recent protests and legislation show is that if you ignore the law long enough we are going to cave. Not the message you want to send people. I have no problem with reforming the system, but it appears overwhelming punishment is the only way to make people take you seriously. Get the fuck out and stay out is what we need a bit of before there is any kind of conciliatory action.

Imagine what would happen to you if you decided to ignore unfair laws for a couple days, civil disobediance that is. Youd likely end up in federal prison faster than you could say 'Oh shits'.

This doesnt even address the not so fringe parts of the movement. If you dont know about them google 'Aztlan' and 'La Raza'. They pretty much put this together.

There of course are too many levels to address in the scope of a forum many of which Im sure I dont know about or cant remember but hey *shrug*