Send a brick

Galen said:
To put it bluntly. Yes! Someone from there is a lot more likely to kill someone over a spilled pint, a comment or the drop of a hat than someone here. Simple as.
I guess that's just the culture, and that awesome show with Rtrd Sherif John Burnell.

Aren't Brits the ones who get drunk and riot at football games and beat each other with bricks, bottles, pieces of wood, severed appendages, etc.? People almost never riot at sporting events in the U.S. That means people in the UK are nuts, in my opinion. And look at Begby from Trainspotting. Fucking nuts.

Sarcasmo said:
Aren't Brits the ones who get drunk and riot at football games and beat each other with bricks, bottles, pieces of wood, severed appendages, etc.? People almost never riot at sporting events in the U.S. That means people in the UK are nuts, in my opinion. And look at Begby from Trainspotting. Fucking nuts.

Well, to be fair, footy riots happen in lots of countries. Tho the UK is known for the "soccer hooligans". But yeah, pretty much anyplace outside the us you can expect a riot at a professional sports event.

Sarcasmo said:
I havent been shot at walking down the street yet. Or for spilling beer on anyone... Hell I must not even live in the US. :cran:

This is why too much TV rots your brain.

Drool-Boy said:
Well, to be fair, footy riots happen in lots of countries. Tho the UK is known for the "soccer hooligans". But yeah, pretty much anyplace outside the us you can expect a riot at a professional sports event.
You gotta admit though, if we were dumb enough to riot over a fucking sporting event people might get shot...then again maybe the fact that we realize anyone in the stands could be armed prevents that kind of idiocy.

FlyNavy said:
You gotta admit though, if we were dumb enough to riot over a fucking sporting event people might get shot...then again maybe the fact that we realize anyone in the stands could be armed prevents that kind of idiocy.
An armed society is a polite society...

FlyNavy said:
well it can be...Somalia isn't too polite :p with rights come responsibility :cool:
Id dare say there are slight cultural differences between the US and Somalia.

Indeed. As there are cultural differences between the UK and the US. It's understandable that a fear of guns would be ingrained into their society; they lost their foothold on this country because a bunch of "gun toting rednecks" decided that living under a monarchy is fucking stupid.

This act of armed defiance destroyed any chance the Brits had at controlling the world. No wonder they're a little miffed.

FlyNavy said:
Indeed. As there are cultural differences between the UK and the US. It's understandable that a fear of guns would be ingrained into their society; they lost their foothold on this country because a bunch of "gun toting rednecks" decided that living under a monarchy is fucking stupid.

This act of armed defiance destroyed any chance the Brits had at controlling the world. No wonder they're a little miffed.
Well there were a bunch of gun toting dutch farmers that helped. But ayup *spits chaw*

FlamingGlory said:
An armed society is a polite society...
It's plain to see you aren't as travelled as myself.

As for TV "rotting my brain", see above. I've been witness to alot of things in my time on this earth and have alot more insight than most.

Your refusal to admit that there are undercurrents where gun/gang culture is cool in the US is astonishing. I did my best to convey exactly what I was talking about, and you still went off on a tangent about billy-bob and his deer hunts. I couldn't give a shit about hicks and their dirt farms, I care about your cities and urban areas. I'm sure guys like you can swing your dicks in New Yorks roughest areas because you have a 1960's rifle back in the house, but if anyone says anything to you, I'm sure you just pray they'll try to break in, because that's the only time the avarage American cracks his gun out.

Listen up. I don't care about NRA supporters and the like, you know exactly who I'm talking about. The undercurrents who can get their hands on a gun on a whim in your society. Not everyone killed in the US is from a guy breaking into your house and gettin' it good. Everyone is shot in protection, right? Not over who has better wheels or a better tattoo.

Galen said:
It's plain to see you aren't as travelled as myself.

As for TV "rotting my brain", see above. I've been witness to alot of things in my time on this earth and have alot more insight than most.

Your refusal to admit that there are undercurrents where gun/gang culture is cool in the US is astonishing. I did my best to convey exactly what I was talking about, and you still went off on a tangent about billy-bob and his deer hunts. I couldn't give a shit about hicks and their dirt farms, I care about your cities and urban areas. I'm sure guys like you can swing your dicks in New Yorks roughest areas because you have a 1960's rifle back in the house, but if anyone says anything to you, I'm sure you just pray they'll try to break in, because that's the only time the avarage American cracks his gun out.

Listen up. I don't care about NRA supporters and the like, you know exactly who I'm talking about. The undercurrents who can get their hands on a gun on a whim in your society. Not everyone killed in the US is from a guy breaking into your house and gettin' it good. Everyone is shot in protection, right? Not over who has better wheels or a better tattoo.
There isnt even an argument there it's half rant, half name calling, 100% ignorant and honestly a waste of time to continue replying to.

Galen said:
Everyone is shot in protection, right? Not over who has better wheels or a better tattoo.
And how many of those cases involve law abiding gun owners? Very, very few. Crimes commited with legally purchased firearms by citizens legally qualified to own them are very rare. On the other hand millions of crimes each year are prevented by people with guns. Many lives are saved by people who refuse to be victims. Many women will never have to suffer being raped because they choose to carry.

Galen said:
I love the zionist propaganda FlyNavy. I should have known as much :lol:
Glad you like it. Every one of those makes a good point. Gun control doesn't stop criminals from getting guns. Guns do not make a person more violent.

And not a single time in history, not once, has a government retained a monopoly on guns and allowed its' citizens to remain free.

FlyNavy said:
And how many of those cases involve law abiding gun owners? Very, very few. Crimes commited with legally purchased firearms by citizens legally qualified to own them are very rare. On the other hand millions of crimes each year are prevented by people with guns. Many lives are saved by people who refuse to be victims. Many women will never have to suffer being raped because they choose to carry.

Thanks for dodging the question yet again. I'm not going to explain the point over and over. You seen what I was talking about and you refuse to tackle it. If I wanted to read crap like this, I'd head on over to new republic.

Glad you like it. Every one of those makes a good point. Gun control doesn't stop criminals from getting guns. Guns do not make a person more violent.

And not a single time in history, not once, has a government retained a monopoly on guns and allowed its' citizens to remain free.

Of course, Israel is a model society. right?

Last edited:
FlamingGlory said:
There isnt even an argument there it's half rant, half name calling, 100% ignorant and honestly a waste of time to continue replying to.
Where did I name call? Oh dear, I strongly made a point. Did it hurt you to read? The answer to my question is unanswerable by your backward ass gun-owner rhetoric. If you're not spewing lines from some gun forum, it's 2nd amendment interest group crap. :rolleyes:

You're not fooling anyone, least of all me. Stay in the sugar-coated world of NY state where you only shoot people when they break into your house and where all those darky folk can't own guns. Keep believing the line spouted by people with a high school diploma as their only recognisable credential.

Lest this seasoned debating champion ring your neck metaphorically once more, I suggest you cut the crap and answer exactly what I asked you.

Galen said:
Thanks for dodging the question yet again. I'm not going to explain the point over and over. You seen what I was talking about and you refuse to tackle it. If I wanted to read crap like this, I'd head on over to new republic.

Of course, Israel is a model society. right?
I thought I answered the question perfectly. :confused: No, of course not every shot is in self defense. But the majority of shots fired by the legal, law abiding owners are. The point being that gun control only keeps guns out of the hands of people that would be using them for self defese.

Israel? Israel is made safer because citizens are allowed to defend themselves. Teachers and older students carry in schools and that very fact has prevented a number of Palestinian attacks on innocent children. In Israel a license to carry a firearm - fully automatic "assault" rifles even! - are readily available to virtually any adult.