Ontopic RIP Thread

carl fredricksen disney GIF

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Lee "Scratch" Perry OD was a Jamaican record producer and singer noted for his innovative studio techniques and production style.

If my memory serves correctly, on the back cover of the Inna Gada Da Vida album, it said he carved his own drumsticks. I don’t know if it was out of poverty, or to be more rock n roll, or what.

Maybe @Mean Mr. Mustard can turn some jumbo “drumsticks” sometime. Gives a whole new meaning to “mudbucker ”.

If my memory serves correctly, on the back cover of the Inna Gada Da Vida album, it said he carved his own drumsticks. I don’t know if it was out of poverty, or to be more rock n roll, or what.

Maybe @Mean Mr. Mustard can turn some jumbo “drumsticks” sometime. Gives a whole new meaning to “mudbucker ”.
I remember that being said about one of the old school rock drummers. I hope it was him, that's so ROck-N-ROlltm :)

Speaking of suicide/taking one’s own life.

Mental illness and feeling like there is no other escape other than to kill yourself is so sad. I must admit, the past two days have been so miserable I’ve been wondering how I could go about doing it. My monthly income now after deductions for “assisted living” (if that’s what THIS is) leaves me less than $200 a month. Not kidding. Now I can’t afford the Oregon Death With Dignity program even if I had the mental wherewithal and other abilities needed to sign up. It’s a rather complicated process which requires in-person doctor appointments, and I have no transportation or ability to do that.

Since being here, not one of my many meds have been given to me on schedule. I called earlier on the communication system (it’s a baby monitor) and after 20 minutes, I gave up and called hospice on my phone and they called here.

The other residents are far more capable than I am. I see them go to the dining room for meals. I’m the only one who gets meals brought to them. Every meal I’ve had so far has been cold, including fried eggs. The pictures I saw prior to getting here had my hopes pretty high, but so far it’s been a huge failure. I’m fucked.

Im supposed to get “foley care” every 8 hours and the attendant last night informed me that she won’t do that. My nebulizer hasn’t been cleaned since I got here.

I put a call into hospice earlier for my social worker to call me. This isn’t a good fit. I think I’m sicker than what they’re used to housing here, or something.

Whoops wrong thread. I meant to stick to killing myself but went on a healthcare rant instead. Sorry about gnat.

If I had a gun handy, brains on wall. I feel awful for anyone who is mentally hurting so bad they feel as if they have no other choice. We need a better system to help people, that’s for sure.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
fuck man, you dont have an attending that can help you meet the requirements? (two discussions within 15 days, etc etc)

Im sure you know more about the process than i do considering everythign i just learned was from a google search. But it sounds like the key thing to have is an attending physician that will work with you to get you set up, and then make the prescription.