Ontopic RIP Thread

Condolences to your wife and you, strings - you always spoke well of her, other than her being a slight PITA. 95 is a damn good run. Salute!

Yeah, she could be demanding. But at 95 what choice did she have? You have to be at that age to make sure people are paying attention. She had some stories too. She cracked me up.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
My mother in law. 95.
That ole gal was a pistol.
She had a very long happy life. This past year was hard though because of covid and the limited amount of people that could visit her. She just didn't understand. She'd say "I don't know what you guys think you're gonna catch from me".
We'd explain it to her, but she really missed the big get togethers.

aww my condolences strings

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
No, it's because fentanyl is far too cheap and everyone wants to put it in everything for some bullshit reason.

Cocaine? ecstasy tablets? it's all got fucking fentanyl in it now.
That's scary. Takes so little of that shit to go from OK to OD. I kept a few patches after my wife died, figured they would be good here and there for some severe pain. I used them a few times but always chickened out after a few hours. Yes, criminal AF.

No, it's because fentanyl is far too cheap and everyone wants to put it in everything for some bullshit reason.

Cocaine? ecstasy tablets? it's all got fucking fentanyl in it now.
Last time afghan was a shithshow heroin supplies were whack and contaminated tons. Source: Me working with addicts.

Fentanyl is a lot more present now I do agree, but dont underestimate how far reaching instability in Afghanistan really can be.

That's scary. Takes so little of that shit to go from OK to OD. I kept a few patches after my wife died, figured they would be good here and there for some severe pain. I used them a few times but always chickened out after a few hours. Yes, criminal AF.
yeah, when it's administered medically it's dosed/measured by the microgram (whereas a lot of stuff is measured by the milligram). if they're putting you all the way out for anesthesia, they'll often give 25 mcg/ug at a time, which is 0.025 mg, or 0.000025 g. for conscious sedation, they'll use even less (along with something else like Versed, by the mg), I've usually seen like 5, 6, 7 mcg. it's wild to think that such a small amount is even worth it, but it is medically significant.

(btw those conversions aren't bc I think y'all can't do it, it's bc I can't do them in my head, like I can understand the relationship between the ending units and the OG, like micrograms are a millionth of a gram, but I can't keep it straight when I'm trying to convert between the smaller orders, like mcg to mg)

• Love
(btw those conversions aren't bc I think y'all can't do it, it's bc I can't do them in my head, like I can understand the relationship between the ending units and the OG, like micrograms are a millionth of a gram, but I can't keep it straight when I'm trying to convert between the smaller orders, like mcg to mg)
Fuckin metric

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
Fuckin metric
metric makes so much more sense, and I'd be way more lost converting to American Units™, I just can't keep track of the various pieces in my head long enough to do the conversions :lol: I do OK if I can write it down, but if I think about one number, I've forgotten any others I was trying to remember :lol::(

I was also trying to conceptualize micrograms as like, a paperclip is about a gram so imagine cutting that into a million pieces and then trying to count out 7 or 25 of those pieces, but it's like, that's not a totally fair/correct visualization bc density, but also at the same time because of how ridiculously small the measurements are, it might as well be right bc it's not like it's superdense, so the difference in density isn't going to fundamentally change the visual.

• Gravy
I was also trying to conceptualize micrograms as like, a paperclip is about a gram so imagine cutting that into a million pieces and then trying to count out 7 or 25 of those pieces, but it's like, that's not a totally fair/correct visualization bc density, but also at the same time because of how ridiculously small the measurements are, it might as well be right bc it's not like it's superdense, so the difference in density isn't going to fundamentally change the visual.
yeah . . Mathes be important when yer cutting drugs. Helped cut a bunch of pharma speed once - hoo boy, our numbers were off, thought I was going to explode. We were teens - went on an all-night crime spree. insane.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
yeah, when it's administered medically it's dosed/measured by the microgram (whereas a lot of stuff is measured by the milligram). if they're putting you all the way out for anesthesia, they'll often give 25 mcg/ug at a time, which is 0.025 mg, or 0.000025 g. for conscious sedation, they'll use even less (along with something else like Versed, by the mg), I've usually seen like 5, 6, 7 mcg. it's wild to think that such a small amount is even worth it, but it is medically significant.
Meanwhile in Canada's Florida, they busted a big lab and seized 31kg of it:

Enough to put 1.24 billion people all the way out for anesthesia.

• Sad
It might be too late - he did offer to take immi's place a few weeks ago(rude AF, imo). Maybe this is hips way of telling us he wants to kill himself - switch places, then do himself. idk, I'm pretty hung over.
I also said "if I could".
Yes I possess the ability to drive to Or-reh-gone but until someone can absolutely guarantee my leaving this world would relieve him of all his ailments I don't really have to think much past the drive now do I.