WTF Religion trumps budget

The "justification" is that they are staying ahead of the technology of other countries. I don't know how much weight that really carries as I don't know the intricacies of each plane.

That's what they tell you. The real reason is because they are buddies with the Northrop Grumman/Raytheon/Lockheed Martin/Boeing execs, and want a job when this political gig is up.

I am talking about BAH and base. I am also not talking about the 18 year olds that are married and have a new car. I lived through the lower pay. In 2001 my BAH went up almost a grand because it hadnt increased in so long. So remember there Mr. Marine you can't compare to the number you have now because so of us were serving and dealing with it when you were still giving BJs in the back room and masterbating to war movies. If there was a pay issue they wouldn't have had to do multiple years of 6% plus pay raises twice a year so I think it's you who needs to get his facts straight because my LES said otherwise.

If you're talking about base pay plus BAH and BAS then at no point during Clinton's administration was military pay below the poverty threshold and that's before you include the education benefits, medical care and utterly unmatched retirement program. I can certainly compare the numbers from 2001 - which in case you forgot how fiscal years work, any money you got in 2001 was from the FY01 budget which was made in 2000, before W took office so you can again thank Clinton for that BAH along with every raise you got until 2006 - because they're available to view. Just because you were serving at the time does not change the raw numbers and simple fact is that you were never below the poverty threshold, especially if you were living on base and certainly if you were deployed.

You did not get multiple years of 6% raises twice a year. Claim it all you want but the numbers that are still available do not support that at all. There were two years where some pay was raised in July and it sure as fuck wasn't 6%, not to base rate and not to BAH.

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/historical-military-pay-rates

Show me on the doll where your BAH went up nearly a grand. Even in 2003 a bootenant's CONUS average BAH was just over 600 bucks. Even if you take regional differences into account there is no way that your BAH jumped nearly a grand in a single year even with multiple dependents unless you were already pinning on a bird. Either way the bottom line remains that your complaint about Clinton is wrong. He did raise pay and more importantly, half of the the pay raises you attributed to GOP policies were signed into law by Slick Willie two years before he left office.

Last edited:
I like how well this one runs. It's not too fast that you lose track of what is going on and its fast enough that its not boring on the weekdays.

I like how well this one runs. It's not too fast that you lose track of what is going on and its fast enough that its not boring on the weekdays.

Without political/religious/anti-american threads this forum would be as busy as mine.

Here's something a lot of you should definitely read.

vhxt7.jpg