Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

like 85% these days. I had a huge cache of cd-images back in the day, but with steam sales and such i pretty much own all my games

my data is all over the place. I have a 2tb raid array that backs up my pc and plex server. plex server has a 1tb usb drive. I alternate between two usb drives to backup my macbook.

Ive been like this since i was a kid. From like age 8-18 i catalogued and kept every issue of Popular Mechanics. For a while, every time i would find a grey rock, i would take it and smash it into a fine powder between harder rocks, and then store than powder. I had a couple gallons of rock powder at some point.

Ive been like this since i was a kid. From like age 8-18 i catalogued and kept every issue of Popular Mechanics. For a while, every time i would find a grey rock, i would take it and smash it into a fine powder between harder rocks, and then store than powder. I had a couple gallons of rock powder at some point.

Rock powder? to what end?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
That might be weirder than your murder basement

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: wetwillie and Josh
ooh. I want a pic of the murder basement.
I fixed it, it's not nearly as murderery.

Dirt floor cellar, I have an old house. Is nicer now, I dug it out 16 inches and put geotextile and gravel. Doesn't fill with 2 feet of water anymore and turn to mudpit

as long as it was rocks you were smashing and not animals or classmates

Anyone have a suggestion for cheap PC speakers? I usually wear headphones, but from time to time, the kids will come in and want to listen to whatever I'm doing. Not interested in a subwoofer.

Anyone have a suggestion for cheap PC speakers? I usually wear headphones, but from time to time, the kids will come in and want to listen to whatever I'm doing. Not interested in a subwoofer.
IDK how cheap cheap is, but if I were looking for something without a subwoofer, I'd probably start with these speakers:

and this amp:

I use those speakers on the stereo I keep in the garage for tunes. They're a touch on the large side for bookshelf speakers, but they do the job.

IDK how cheap cheap is, but if I were looking for something without a subwoofer, I'd probably start with these speakers:

and this amp:

I use those speakers on the stereo I keep in the garage for tunes. They're a touch on the large side for bookshelf speakers, but they do the job.

If I'm going to go that route, I already have an amp and speakers. Some 20 year old Bose shelf speakers and/or some Infiniti ones. I have a Technics and a Sony amp as well.

Get the klipsch 2.1 from costco.

I don't want the subwoofer.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
If I'm going to go that route, I already have an amp and speakers. Some 20 year old Bose shelf speakers and/or some Infiniti ones. I have a Technics and a Sony amp as well.
That's what I'd do then.

My go-to site for "what's a good/cheap blahblahblah-blog" doesn't have much help in this case:

That's what I'd do then.

My go-to site for "what's a good/cheap blahblahblah-blog" doesn't have much help in this case:

I'm all about the Wirecutter. I have been 100% satisfied with everything that I have purchased based on their recommendations.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Same (I have the klipsch for the computer at home), but they don't have much in the way of a budget pick there.

I'm just looking for something cheap that will let me hear sound. I might just pull my stereo out of my closet and hook it up. It take up so much space though.