Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Yeah, always something. This is why we can't have nice things - fees.
Still, might be worth it for the first few months once the Michigan winter gets outta here. Maybe a cheap cell phone on my plan would be cheaper.🤔
that does look like the most modern best designed GPS collar ive seen though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
210126796image0000001.jpg
Work was throwing out an Agilent U1253A multimeter with a dead OLED screen.

The screens fail on these, and the screen it takes is obsolete and no longer available. So I'm enginerding up some circuitry that'll allow a newer/better/available OLED screen to drop in place of the old one.

Might be able to make a few bucks selling replacement displays.

The screens fail on these, and the screen it takes is obsolete and no longer available. So I'm enginerding up some circuitry that'll allow a newer/better/available OLED screen to drop in place of the old one.

Those clips make me hard - love that style. Very cool.
Maybe @mikeaswesome has a screen he could sell you :p

that does look like the most modern best designed GPS collar ive seen though.
Followup. Not a horrible fee, idk.
The subscription costs $99/year, or $8.25/month, and gets your dog's collar added as a device to the LTE-M low power cellular network, which was specifically designed for such devices, and offers 20-30% more cellular coverage in the US than 3G networks.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

It's so fucking rad that you can do stuff like that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Those clips make me hard - love that style. Very cool.
Maybe @mikeaswesome has a screen he could sell you :p
I still don't trust OLED screens to have a good lifetime / not suffer from burn-in. My next TV is probably still gonna be a plain LCD, sorry mike.

On my old Galaxy S6 with a white background/full screen app going, you can make out the status bar and home keys.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I still don't trust OLED screens to have a good lifetime / not suffer from burn-in. My next TV is probably still gonna be a plain LCD, sorry mike.

On my old Galaxy S6 with a white background/full screen app going, you can make out the status bar and home keys.
I've only played with them in watches - they start crisp but seem to fade out. I'm not sold on them either. Few years and they might be better. LCD is solid tech.