- "8081:8081" # Main
- "8082:8082" # Web Server
- "8087:8087" # Rest API
volumes:
- /home/fuzzy/docker/iobroker:/opt/iobroker
environment:
- LANGUAGE="en_US:en"
restart: always

i have to change volumes: to my own location, but dont know where to put it. My docker-compose.yml file is in /srv/iobroker in debian.

who's a docker-compose nerd here?

@fly @Jehannum ?

Im trying to understand the -volumes tag

iobroker:
image: buanet/iobroker:latest
container_name: iobroker
ports:
- "8081:8081" # Main
- "8082:8082" # Web Server
- "8087:8087" # Rest API
volumes:
- /home/fuzzy/docker/iobroker:/opt/iobroker
environment:
- LANGUAGE="en_US:en"
restart: always

i have to change volumes: to my own location, but dont know where to put it. My docker-compose.yml file is in /srv/iobroker in debian.
volumes persist data outside of the docker filesystem. The first argument should be where it points to in the underlying filesystem (where the docker daemon is running). The second is where it mounts inside the docker container when it runs.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
volumes persist data outside of the docker filesystem. The first argument should be where it points to in the underlying filesystem (where the docker daemon is running). The second is where it mounts inside the docker container when it runs.
ah, ok. I think i got it. All my docker volumes are in /var/lib/docker/volumes/ on debian, so that would be the second argument, and the first would be just any place i wanted (/srv/iobroker for example)

volumes:
- /srv/iobroker:/var/lib/docker/volumes/iobroker

ah, ok. I think i got it. All my docker volumes are in /var/lib/docker/volumes/ on debian, so that would be the second argument, and the first would be just any place i wanted (/srv/iobroker for example)

volumes:
- /srv/iobroker:/var/lib/docker/volumes/iobroker
I think that's backwards, but it's not like it takes an inordinate amount of time to test it ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
@Domon @Valve1138 Either of you guys using Bazarr? I just started and it's pretty neat. It syncs all the subtitles to your downloaded version of show/movie.
I tried it once, seemed to work on, but its not something i really need on a regular basis. Also, i rename all my media, so its hard for bazaar to find the matching subfile

I tried it once, seemed to work on, but its not something i really need on a regular basis. Also, i rename all my media, so its hard for bazaar to find the matching subfile
Not if you use the naming scheme found on the trash guides site I linked. Also, Bazarr automatically syncs the subtitles anyway.

ive been using the plex-recommended naming scheme for years. Will have to check how that matches up.

I just dont really need subtitles that much.

@fly i got the guacamole addon to HA fully working.

So i can login to my HA instance remotely... click guacamole on the side tabs, and then use guacamole to rdp or vnc into machines on my local network..... including the debian host of the machine that HA is running on :p

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
@fly i got the guacamole addon to HA fully working.

So i can login to my HA instance remotely... click guacamole on the side tabs, and then use guacamole to rdp or vnc into machines on my local network..... including the debian host of the machine that HA is running on :p
Nice! Guac is pretty neat. My Orbi router does VPN, and I never leave the house. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I was running a 20ft usb 3.0 to support remote keyboard/mouse for my server, and for the past 6 months, ive only been able to plug one device into it before dc voltage drop is too much and it just stops working. So, no usb hub at the end, no splitter, etc. I have a keyboard... and a mouse.

So finally i said fuck it, and spend the bucks on a nice 32 foot active power-injected usb cable. I switch the nonworking cable to a different usb port cause itll be handy to have a spare usb at the remote location, even if it can only handle one device, and plug in the new one just to make sure all is well before i run it under the house.

The motherfucking first cable starts working with a hub, and 4 devices on the other end. No problems at all. full power output, full data rate.

It was the goddamned USB port it was plugged into that wasnt injecting enough voltage, not the cable.

I was running a 20ft usb 3.0 to support remote keyboard/mouse for my server, and for the past 6 months, ive only been able to plug one device into it before dc voltage drop is too much and it just stops working. So, no usb hub at the end, no splitter, etc. I have a keyboard... and a mouse.

So finally i said fuck it, and spend the bucks on a nice 32 foot active power-injected usb cable. I switch the nonworking cable to a different usb port cause itll be handy to have a spare usb at the remote location, even if it can only handle one device, and plug in the new one just to make sure all is well before i run it under the house.

The motherfucking first cable starts working with a hub, and 4 devices on the other end. No problems at all. full power output, full data rate.

It was the goddamned USB port it was plugged into that wasnt injecting enough voltage, not the cable.
WTF You should really Google this term: SSH

WTF You should really Google this term: SSH
I ssh all the time.

Remember, my shit is combined. The server also is my main gaming pc.

edit: i guess its not all combined anymore since i set up a dedicated appliance for HA

I actually went with a NUC, as i wanted some power behind it. Ill probably move radarr and sonarr and nzbget over to it for stability, only leaving plex and the actual storage on the big server.

Oh no. That was beyond my budget build. All in, my Plex/PiHole RPi 4 cost like $90. I already had the hard drive. I knew that I would be the only one using it. The cost of running it was also a factor when I went for the build.

I had Plex running on an Ubuntu 32bit powered Cyrix build. It was an old XP machine for running a billboard. It couldn't transcode anything. You could play 720p videos over HDMI, but that's about it. Just needed something a tiny bit better. I do wish that it was a bit more powerful to handle NAS duties using eSATA. USB 3 is too slow to do heavy data usage.