Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

im curious how much this is gonna up your transcode-count. I'm pretty sure my shield can direct-play HEVC-Atmos, but im guessing a very large majority of your users cant, and transcoding HEVC is resource intensive. That said, your quicksync can handle it for sure.
Yep, fully expect transcoding to happen. By all reports, my proc can handle north of 20 transcoding streams, so I don't much care.

probably cause theyre all 4mbit transcodes :D if more people had their shit configured for direct play it might be a bigger flag

Built a new home gaming PC a few weeks ago. First new PC in 9 years. Man has tech changed and gotten stupid fast.

View attachment 17231

View attachment 17230

View attachment 17229

Not really into the RGB fad that is in custom built computers. I suppose I could turn them off if they got annoying. System is very quiet.
Remember Cold Cathode tubes back in the day in your cases? This is just the evolution of that

2_0_547.jpg

Built a new home gaming PC a few weeks ago. First new PC in 9 years. Man has tech changed and gotten stupid fast.

View attachment 17231

View attachment 17230

View attachment 17229

Not really into the RGB fad that is in custom built computers. I suppose I could turn them off if they got annoying. System is very quiet.
Nvme vs traditional disks is the nicest "modern" thing imo. AIO coolers are a close second.

I like having basically no cabling except for power.

probably cause theyre all 4mbit transcodes :D if more people had their shit configured for direct play it might be a bigger flag
Pretty sure almost everything on Plex these days is configured for auto. If direct play would work, it would do it. I'm guessing it has more to do with people using Plex on their 10 year old smart TV that doesn't have the horsepower.

Nvme vs traditional disks is the nicest "modern" thing imo. AIO coolers are a close second.

I like having basically no cabling except for power.
Yeah as much as I like no cabling, it's all hidden in the back and there's a ton of it. RGB fans have 2 headers: 1 for power 1 for lights. Plus 3 other fans. Going into a fan controller that came with the AIO if I remember.

@fly do you do any music downloading? Lidarr is absolutely the shittiest of the *arr's and it turns out music sourcing on usenet/torrents is just a mess.

I got sick of alexa/spotify not being able to play specific artists or songs and am gonna go back to hosting my own library

@fly do you do any music downloading? Lidarr is absolutely the shittiest of the *arr's and it turns out music sourcing on usenet/torrents is just a mess.

I got sick of alexa/spotify not being able to play specific artists or songs and am gonna go back to hosting my own library
Idk if fly let's us post links so checks dms?

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon