Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I had an Antec SX1080 case that I recently gave away.

Shit could hold six 3.5" drives and four 5.25" drives, and with two 2x5.25"->3x3.5" adapters you could fit a dozen drives in there easy.

Maybe grab one of those old things. 12 drives and still a towah.

I had an Antec SX1080 case that I recently gave away.

Shit could hold six 3.5" drives and four 5.25" drives, and with two 2x5.25"->3x3.5" adapters you could fit a dozen drives in there easy.

Maybe grab one of those old things. 12 drives and still a towah.
My tower is a monster, but still a tower.

1676412352573.png

I'd rather have the unmanaged Dlink gigabit switch that valve thought was a great deal than a brocade.
good thing 411 pages of people more technically competent than you disagree

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
good thing 411 pages of people more technically competent than you disagree

I've had two of those on the top of a rack for years and they're the single least reliable piece of networking gear I've ever used.

I only have to keep them around for a few more months though, thank God. Got Cisco catalysts going in instead.

But please, do go on about how "forums.servethehome.com" is full of people qualified to have a professional opinion on something I work with every fucking day.

Last edited:
random question:

if you're gonna pull anything through the walls, from a utility closet (where my NAS, cable modem, whatever will live) to my office... what should you do?

OMx fiber and/or CAT6a? PVC conduit and decide later?

Wifi's the plan for most of the house.

Office I'd like to have wired, but I can probably accomplish that using a wifi to copper bridge thingy anyway.

random question:

if you're gonna pull anything through the walls, from a utility closet (where my NAS, cable modem, whatever will live) to my office... what should you do?

OMx fiber and/or CAT6a? PVC conduit and decide later?
id pull smurf tubes