Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I read through those articles. Your idea seems even easier, which is right up my alley. However, I don't see exactly what I need to buy. Hep?
Just a diode. Can't be a LED, but even something like an old MOSFET or rectifier bridge or something can act as a diode if you've got one kicking around.

While she doesn't have tremors, she's terrible. When I snapped my zwave/zigbee stick in half, I was the one that was eventually able to solder it back together.
i mean, you could have just stopped with saying she's terrible.

Also, lol. I dropped the 140 lb 4U on a usb stick once. Just glad it didnt break the mobo

• Haha
Reactions: fly
@fly you're smarter than this, but dont upgrade to 6.12 RC2 yet. I wanted ZFS so I did it, and im losing access about once a day now for an unknown reason

• Gravy
@fly you're smarter than this, but dont upgrade to 6.12 RC2 yet. I wanted ZFS so I did it, and im losing access about once a day now for an unknown reason
Actually I usually do the RCs. Didn't even know there was one for .12 yet. :lol:

edit: And why do we care about ZFS?

Last edited:
Actually I usually do the RCs. Didn't even know there was one for .12 yet. :lol:

edit: And why do we care about ZFS?
I care about ZFS because it's an excellent file system and I can actually get some performance out of it. You probably don't care about ZFS

• Gravy
I figured you guise would like a good laff at dumb shit I do. Just got my Google Coral PCIe card. Tried to put it in my server, only to realize that its a mini-pcie. Now I have to get a mini > pcie adapter, :lol:

edit: Wait I see they have mini > m2 adapters as well. Does it matter?

I figured you guise would like a good laff at dumb shit I do. Just got my Google Coral PCIe card. Tried to put it in my server, only to realize that its a mini-pcie. Now I have to get a mini > pcie adapter, :lol:

edit: Wait I see they have mini > m2 adapters as well. Does it matter?

nope, it all connects to the pcie bus.

My coral is a m2 A+E key, which was a huge pain in the ass until I got the custom built adapter from magicbluesmoke

@Domon My movies collection will finish its h265 conversion this weekend. Looks like I will save about 10TB. Movies is def the smaller of my two collections, but that's not too bad. Basically a free 10TB drive. Looked into it anymore?

@Domon My movies collection will finish its h265 conversion this weekend. Looks like I will save about 10TB. Movies is def the smaller of my two collections, but that's not too bad. Basically a free 10TB drive. Looked into it anymore?
not bad i suppose. 10TBs just aint worth the effort for me personally. Its one drive. You might have spent more in electricity than that drive cost