Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

speaking of heating the house, Grabbed a 2080ti refurb with warranty for 300.

I was leaning toward a 3070, but this seems roughly equivalent with more VRAM for cheaper

And the 2000 series has the USB-C alt-mode video output, which I find really cool

Can one of you geniuses confirm that I should be able to power this thing with 5v to VCC and GND? I can't figure out why thing won't work.

71NCINnyq9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Who's the actual manufacturer of that module. Might be a weird one off that takes five but the pins aren't saying that to me

Can one of you geniuses confirm that I should be able to power this thing with 5v to VCC and GND? I can't figure out why thing won't work.

71NCINnyq9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Connect 5V to 5V. Don't connect 5V anywhere else.

If you connected 5V to VCC (which might be the same as 3.3V) then there's a chance you could have fried the module. Make sure the module works on a PC if you tried powering it this way.

Connect 5V to 5V. Don't connect 5V anywhere else.

If you connected 5V to VCC (which might be the same as 3.3V) then there's a chance you could have fried the module. Make sure the module works on a PC if you tried powering it this way.
Wait, where's 5V then? Isn't VCC = 5V on that diagram?

@Domon So something changed in the Unraid recently and the disk performance of the drives in my USB enclosure have gone to shit. I have no more space in my tower for these drives, hence the external enclosure. Do you have any suggestions?