Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

if you do get parts, consider making an offer on this instead

then if its not the power board, you have other parts.
BTW, I ordered this. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks dude!

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Not half as obnoxious as @Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski.
Angry Downton Abbey GIF

• Haha
Reactions: fly and Jehannum
I'd buy the complete repair kit that Domon linked to.

And fully expect the thing to drop dead with the same failure in another few years. These TVs are disposable, engineered to minimize cost instead of for reliability.
Its funny. Wife and I bought one within a year or two of knowing each other. Black Friday sale, Sanyo. Damn thing is still chuggin along as well as it ever did.

Its funny. Wife and I bought one within a year or two of knowing each other. Black Friday sale, Sanyo. Damn thing is still chuggin along as well as it ever did.
We've still got a Viewsonic brand 37" LCD, bought in early 2007 when the missus moved up to join me in NS. It's like 6 inches thick, cost several hundred bucks at Costco, heavy as fuck and 100% keeps on trucking.

I ran a 37 inch Westinghouse 1080p for almost 15 years. That thing was the pinnacle of displays when it came out

I had a 1974 RCA TV that had faux wood grain sides that was working until at least 2017. My parents bought it when they met and I used it for video games from like 1997-2005.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Another one for you gents @gee @Domon

So I have this old, awesome sub from a long bankrupt company called Elemental Designs. As of late, if I turn it on, it works fine for maybe 5-10 minutes. Then it starts clicking on and off. I can see the LED going from yellow (standby) to green about every .5 seconds. Is there anything I can do?

Pics maybe help?

qVIbYRF.jpg