Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Josh

Biff Clurton
Oct 9, 2006
East bumfuck.
Today I figured out an annoying network connectivity issue at a client's office. New Dell server for 4 port GigE NIC, UniFi switch with Link Aggregation & VLANs, NIC Teaming, and Hyper-V virtual switch configured in Windows Server 2022 with a couple of virtual machines. I wrote a KB article so I'd remember how to get this setup again.

Flint Peacewood

Half-staff Member
Apr 20, 2022
NE Ohio
Today I figured out an annoying network connectivity issue at a client's office. New Dell server for 4 port GigE NIC, UniFi switch with Link Aggregation & VLANs, NIC Teaming, and Hyper-V virtual switch configured in Windows Server 2022 with a couple of virtual machines. I wrote a KB article so I'd remember how to get this setup again.
I've learned to make notepad document walkthroughs for everything.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Josh

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
Chip shortage. Massive demand. I really want a 3B+ or 4 for an astronomy project but I can't find them for a decent price. Even used ones are selling 2x or 3x the MSRP.
I threw a bunch away a year or so ago. :(

I really want a Zero 2 for Octoprint.

• Sad
Reactions: Josh

Jehannum

HO HO HO METH GIANT
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I suppose if I drop a gigE port into the laundry room, I could probably move my Jetson TK1 that's currently doing ZoneMinder stuff on the other two cameras and have the same result.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Kiddo had a birthday recently, and we went up to my parents place where I grew up. We rooted through the barn to find the old toys I had and let each kid pick something to bring home.

Kid had a remote control car from wal-mart, not a particularly cheap one either that they really loved, but that had died after two uses, and was crap to begin with (couldnt even climb up on a rug it was so weak).

We found this from my childhood in the barn:

It has an actual gearbox (low and high), is true 4x4, and pretty sure it could climb a tree if the wheels were sticky enough. Its just as awesome as I remember it being as a kid, and works perfectly.

Takes 4 C batteries, + a 9 volt though. Completely different circuit battery and electronics for the 28mhz controller.

Also... found an original gameboy with Zelda, Micromachines Racing, a Star Wars mario clone, and a Jurassic Park mario clone. Other kid absolutely loves that thing.