Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I can probably also segment the traffic from those MACs into a vlan on my switch then blackhole the traffic, then i wouldnt get all the wireless disconnects/reconnects

I can probably also segment the traffic from those MACs into a vlan on my switch then blackhole the traffic, then i wouldnt get all the wireless disconnects/reconnects
Can't you just unmount the NFS the cameras write to for the period you don't want monitored? You could even geofence the action to yours and @peanut's phones with a little ingenuity.

Can't you just unmount the NFS the cameras write to for the period you don't want monitored? You could even geofence the action to yours and @peanut's phones with a little ingenuity.
what i actually want to disconnect isnt the recording, that i control. Its the cloud live view access.

man, ok. When budget allows ill just grab a bunch of those plugs.

they work ok with home assistant? They dont use the security protocal, so i imagine theyre fine

also... my external cameras just made me 2200 bucks because they recorded an insurance incident. I doubt i woulda got a payout without the video

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
man, ok. When budget allows ill just grab a bunch of those plugs.

they work ok with home assistant? They dont use the security protocal, so i imagine theyre fine
Yep. They work perfectly. And since getting them and having my Xiaomi motion sensors using them, everything has been flawless.

Incidentally, I finally migrated everything but my lock off of SmartThings over the weekend. When I have time to full test managing it in HA, I'll move it and finally unplug ST.

But who cares if you do?
I sure don't.

I just keep a 14 day backlog of video on my NFS server that's purged by a cron job. If I need anything in that window, I can just zip into the directory (it's organized by date and hour of the day), get what I need, ffmpeg it into MP4, and go about my business.