Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Fair enough, man. Not my business to tell you how to Dad (though you did put it out there in public thus inviting "advice"). Just saying not doing something because the methods to do it have been restricted and not doing it because good people just don't do that are entirely different things.
Same works the other way too. Doing something because people say you have to/should vs. doing it because it's the right thing to do, even if nobody's looking, etc.

Puberty/adolescents are pretty much paying for your raising. I'd be more concerned long term if they're too conformist or too "easy" rather than the other way around. Basically doormat vs. independent mind, etc.
Are you just farting and then typing those farts onto the internet?

Are you just farting and then typing those farts onto the internet?
(unsolicited opinion):You're doing fine. Each one is different and there are no manuals on any. The restriction actions are fine, you don't need to use a sledgehammer on a finishing nail. Plus this isn't the old days when parents could get physical without consequences. Eventually it gets ugly and becomes a pattern - or YOU end up in jail. Someday he'll grow up and you both will be glad if you aren't at odds over stupid shit that started when his brain wasn't fully developed. ~

(unsolicited opinion):You're doing fine. Each one is different and there are no manuals on any. The restriction actions are fine, you don't need to use a sledgehammer on a finishing nail. Plus this isn't the old days when parents could get physical without consequences. Eventually it gets ugly and becomes a pattern - or YOU end up in jail. Someday he'll grow up and you both will be glad if you aren't at odds over stupid shit that started when his brain wasn't fully developed. ~
Well, 3H was talking about consequences for actions and shit, and I'm like "well, the consequences of his actions are that he don't get to play minecraft anymore", then he goes off and types up a blue streak about... something, I guess?

Well, 3H was talking about consequences for actions and shit, and I'm like "well, the consequences of his actions are that he don't get to play minecraft anymore", then he goes off and types up a blue streak about... something, I guess?
To err is human, to fart divine. Hips meant well, he just didn't tighten it up before hitting "Post reply".

I blocked mine dozens of times. "My internet service, my house, my computer. Go do your homework or sulk - your choice kid!"

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
HOLY SHIT how did I not know this...

For websites that block you from using copy/paste for account numbers or passwords, all you have to do highlight the text in Chrome and drag it to the 'blocked' input box. Much, much easier than using Don't Fuck With Paste.

HOLY SHIT how did I not know this...

For websites that block you from using copy/paste for account numbers or passwords, all you have to do highlight the text in Chrome and drag it to the 'blocked' input box. Much, much easier than using Don't Fuck With Paste.
CHeck.
This trick is occasionally handy too - for yourself or getting someone else's password(some tards use the same for everything,eh?)
Easily Reveal Hidden Passwords In Any Browser
  1. Right-click (or CTRL + click) the password box and select “Inspect Element.” This brings up the developer console.
  2. On the line that starts with “input type=password” change the word “password” to “text.” You may need to double-click to make the field editable. This will reveal your password

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain