Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I grabbed the 40" 4K Samsung TV that we have in the bedroom and rarely watch to try out with my new 5600X/3070 combo.

So far, my 20 minutes of Fallout 4 was glorious.

Also picked up a new gaming mouse. Logitech G403.

Nice so far. It fits well in my hand which a lot of mice don't because they're too small.

I grabbed the 40" 4K Samsung TV that we have in the bedroom and rarely watch to try out with my new 5600X/3070 combo.

So far, my 20 minutes of Fallout 4 was glorious.

Also picked up a new gaming mouse. Logitech G403.

Nice so far. It fits well in my hand which a lot of mice don't because they're too small.

I love how Samsung TVs work but their OS is garbage. The UI is terrible.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
@fly looks like the practice is still alive

These used to be like top secret documents that only got distributed to the most trusted people. I remember writing some basic encryption for them back in the day so they could be web hosted, but not indexable.

Just got 128GB of registered ECC PC4-2400 for $140 CAD. Score.

That, 6 core Xeon, actual NVMe drive, just need to replace the NVS310 video card with something decent and I'll have a desktop that can actually play modern games and shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Just got 128GB of registered ECC PC4-2400 for $140 CAD. Score.

That, 6 core Xeon, actual NVMe drive, just need to replace the NVS310 video card with something decent and I'll have a desktop that can actually play modern games and shit.
which xeon?

Provider: https://support.nettally.com/
Not sure what DSL.

He's out in the woods and lightning has a bad habit of frying half his electronics any newer than 1980
Then his internet provider isn't protecting his services correctly. Used to be back in the day that the phone tech could be fired for missing or incorrectly bonded services. Also I love the 1990s website of the internet provider. You know they are the only game in town when they don't need to even update their website. Anyway, their website lists ADSL2+ so assuming they've never upgraded their equipment beyond that, then I'd recommend pretty much any brand modem. I've got an Actiontech modem at home provided by my ISP. It's alright. I use a separate router, switch, and AP though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie