Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I installed Plex Server on my Synology and app on my Amazon Fire TV stick. Runs like crap on the Synology since it is way underpowered to do indexing of library but plays fine on the local network.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I think I found a record of all traffic citations (as well as other legal issues) in the county with a bunch of PII included.
What do I do about that? Is there someone I can report it to in order to get them to better secure the PII?

I think I found a record of all traffic citations (as well as other legal issues) in the county with a bunch of PII included.
What do I do about that? Is there someone I can report it to in order to get them to better secure the PII?
all thats generally public info unless its got SSNs or home addresses in it

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
You guys were not helpful with this whole RING camera doorbell bullshit.
I really need one, and CEO has nothing to do with this.

Sent from my iPhone because SHINGLES DOESNT CARE!
I told ya what to do. They are very easy to install if you have a drill. Do you already have a doorbell?

yes i have a doorbell and a drill somewhere

But my question is, do they have to pull wires through the walls or anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone because SHINGLES DOESNT CARE!
No, the wires are already there for the doorbell you have. Unscrew old doorbell, drill holes as directed, connect wires to new doorbell, screw in.

I just ordered parts for my first pc build.

i3-10100 3.6 GHz with integrated graphics, 16gb ram, 1tb SSD. I still need a graphics card but I'm saving up for a decent one. All I really want to do with it is run Minecraft mods for my son and a PS2 emulator. And I might record some music with it, nothing fancy.

My dad gave me an old desktop with an AMD E2-3800 1.3 GHz. It's hardwired in so no chance of upgrading. The only useable parts in it are the case, the optical drive(doubt I'll need it), and the HDD that is probably on its last leg. But I did get a copy of Windows 10 out of it because he never linked his microsoft account.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and adi
I just ordered parts for my first pc build.

i3-10100 3.6 GHz with integrated graphics, 16gb ram, 1tb SSD. I still need a graphics card but I'm saving up for a decent one. All I really want to do with it is run Minecraft mods for my son and a PS2 emulator. And I might record some music with it, nothing fancy.

My dad gave me an old desktop with an AMD E2-3800 1.3 GHz. It's hardwired in so no chance of upgrading. The only useable parts in it are the case, the optical drive(doubt I'll need it), and the HDD that is probably on its last leg. But I did get a copy of Windows 10 out of it because he never linked his microsoft account.
Awesome!

And yeah, don't bother with the optical drive. Also, you can usually purchase Win10 keys for about $15.

I didn't know that. Is that buying them used or something?
Yep. There's probably lots of places to do it, but I've personally bought keys from this guy (this is the old, old forum that some of us came from).

(Prices are not correct, as he apparently can't update the OP anymore. No fucking clue what the administration is doing over there.)

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD