Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

dear frands

does anyone here own the RING DOORBELL?
If so, please tell a lil colOmbian the following:

is it easy to install
is it easy for said lil colOmbian to navigate the app
are there better /cheaper similar products like the ring

i don’t trust google

Sent from my iPhone because SHINGLES DOESNT CARE!
would it be much damage?
super important question

Sent from my iPhone because SHINGLES DOESNT CARE!
you probably should get a battery operated stick up one.

Ring can be battery operated. And I know you think that everyone is really stupid, but I feel pretty confident that @Maureen or CEO can follow the in-app installation instructions.
did i say they couldnt? I just recommended that they get a battery op one so that they wouldnt have to put holes in the house

did i say they couldnt? I just recommended that they get a battery op one so that they wouldnt have to put holes in the house
The wires for the doorbell are probably already there, so as long as there is a doorbell there all you need to do is screw it into the wall.

ok YouTube only confused me moar
cuz now CHIME?
and the cloud? you need a cloud to store your videos and you have to pay an annual fee... like what else maaaan

You should probably look into products that advertise on Paul Harvey or maybe in AARP magazine. There are tons of products like this out there that are made to be really simple as they are geared towards old people.

this is literally me

I've had a few renters that put in stuff like this that are pretty much peel-n-stick. Doorbell cam, some alarms for windows, etc. and has its own WiFi hub/base/router thingy.

I don't know enough about it to recommend good brands or services but looking into it as if you're a renter/apartment dweller will find things that need no wires or drilled holes, etc. It's basically made to stick on, stay there, and leave no trace when you pull it down and take it with you to the next place.

Sorry I can't provide more detail. My security system involves dogs and Sam Colt and is more effective than any of this stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: fly