Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Yep. There's probably lots of places to do it, but I've personally bought keys from this guy (this is the old, old forum that some of us came from).

(Prices are not correct, as he apparently can't update the OP anymore. No fucking clue what the administration is doing over there.)

Sucking trump cock. :fly46:

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yep. There's probably lots of places to do it, but I've personally bought keys from this guy (this is the old, old forum that some of us came from).

(Prices are not correct, as he apparently can't update the OP anymore. No fucking clue what the administration is doing over there.)
Dude is selling volume licenses illegally fwiw

Woooohoooooo

After about a month, I was finally able to shut down my Windows 2016 server! I've got everything running through Unraid now! Including hardware transcoding with my fancy 'new' nVidia card.

1608832331197.png

:nev:

My SSD came in. I got it installed and it's better but still sluggish. That's how bad this processor is.

ELI5: Why is the supply for my computer 20v/3.25amps. But my consumption is around 180 watts? Isn't 20v/3.25amps 65 watts? Please explain why I'm an idiot.

I'm concerned bad things will happen if I plug in a graphics card and it's too much for the power supply.

ELI5: Why is the supply for my computer 20v/3.25amps. But my consumption is around 180 watts? Isn't 20v/3.25amps 65 watts? Please explain why I'm an idiot.

I'm concerned bad things will happen if I plug in a graphics card and it's too much for the power supply.
20v is not a standard voltage for anything. Your psu should have 12v, 5v and 3.3v rails each with their own maximum amperages.

20v is not a standard voltage for anything. Your psu should have 12v, 5v and 3.3v rails each with their own maximum amperages.
It's basically a laptop charger. My computer is a laptop in a standard desktop case. ETA: with some kind of non-Atx motherboard, but the gpu fits.

201230299IMG202012291347029882.jpg

ahhh, I would be surprised if it the gpu was even upgradable then
There's a place for it. I installed it but haven't turned the computer on yet. I'm guessing it might overpower the power supply and I'll get a brownout. The card is a GTX 750 ti.

Here's the card installed. I had to go buy a mini hdmi to be able to use it.

201230167IMG20201229174913255.jpg

There's a place for it. I installed it but haven't turned the computer on yet. I'm guessing it might overpower the power supply and I'll get a brownout. The card is a GTX 750 ti.
pretty low power card, but would be far easier to just look up if your machine can support it by looking up the model #

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Also, @fly had someone transcoding a x265 4k 10bit HDR atmos remux down to 720p earlier :p Was absolutely raping my cpu, like 55% usage for just one transcode.

• Haha
Reactions: fly