Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

So, my new-to-me RAID controller used to belong to the Cleveland Browns. I just found all their network and config data in it.

Im pretty sure its still sending them alerts when my shit fails. That must be confusing for them

ha. It is still sending alerts to the cleveland browns.

The built in SMTP server just is going merrily along emailing not only fail status updates, but hourly optimization and usage reports to a list of 8 emails.

Im gonna be nice and disable it, but i could be a real jerk about it if I wanted to to encourage them to wipe their gear before selling

I bought a used server years ago from eBay that had a fully installed golf course management & point-of-sale system on it. Credit card data too. Only thing missing was medical records and SSNs for the complete DOX in a box.

• Haha
Reactions: Valve1138
ya'll use any good phrase based password generators? Or have a good schema you wanna share?
PassPortal for my business & clients. I use KeePass personally and let it generate random characters. Yubikey to open the database if you want, but I just use a long secure password instead.

ha. It is still sending alerts to the cleveland browns.

The built in SMTP server just is going merrily along emailing not only fail status updates, but hourly optimization and usage reports to a list of 8 emails.

Im gonna be nice and disable it, but i could be a real jerk about it if I wanted to to encourage them to wipe their gear before selling

If I knew how to do that I would so do that.

I got a free Google Home mini and it's pretty cool. The only problem is I can't connect it to my LG TV without buying a 60 dollar remote from LG. Anybody know any workarounds? I really don't want to give LG my money for something that should be included in my TV already. Not to mention the remote cost nearly double of what a Google Home Mini costs.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t an app for your phone that would cover that.
There is an app but LG only lets it work if I have their special remote with a mic on it. It's just a way to get me to by the remote. There's no reason it shouldn't communicate via WiFi.

I'm thinking about running a Chromecast. I'm not really sure if that would work. I don't really need it to work but it seems like a great way for me to become even lazier.

The best part of Google Home is being able to say "hey Google find my phone" and it rings it. The amount of times I've lost my phone is too damn high.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138