Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

@fly i forget if you're fios proper or the frontier spinoff, but fios deal here

I was able to get double the speed for the same price, with no expiring discounts and no trading back and forth between me an peanut.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
@fly i forget if you're fios proper or the frontier spinoff, but fios deal here

I was able to get double the speed for the same price, with no expiring discounts and no trading back and forth between me an peanut.

we’re on Fios.

I’ll have to check it out.

are chromebooks worth a crap?
the wife needs a new laptop, but I dont want to pay 1500$ for a machine that shes gonna facebook and play bejewelled on
See if you've got some shop in your area that sells refurbished Thinkpads for fuck all.

If Halifax has two stores doing it, there's gotta be someone in your area.

200 isn't even an option anymore.

I can either do 400 and I have t use a VZW gateway for $96 a month, or Gig for $104 and the gateway is included.

We've got 4 moths left on this agreement.
you gotta click the hidden "show more speeds" button to see the 200

are chromebooks worth a crap?
the wife needs a new laptop, but I dont want to pay 1500$ for a machine that shes gonna facebook and play bejewelled on
We have 2 - one(Samsung) resides attached to the TV for the occasional surfing using a wireless keyboard. $100 total. The other(Acer, $86) goes everywhere in the house with me, used it to dj a wedding reception, even type the occasional docs. I l ike them - for what they are. Downside - not many apps. E.g. I have a small Brother label maker, fuck would it be useful if I could carry the Chromebook and it to where I need to pump out a bunch of labels. But no app. Baaaaaastards!