Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

sound bars are damn impressive. My old greybeard discrete speaker fixation probably needs to die. I feel like our friends that have soundbars have better sounding setups that my full 9.1 discrete speaker system

Vacated the seagates

962Bsij.jpg

Also, switched chassis and raid controller at the same time. Very bad scientific method. Amazingly, the raid picked right back up with no issues and the chassis has much better airflow (and 6 more bays! not outta space anymore).

Also picked up another 400 MB/s of array speed due to upgraded RAID engine in the 1882ix-24 vs the old school 1280ml i had.

I love enterprise class hardware.
You're fucking insane.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
You're fucking insane.

and yet my setup is still cheaper and infinitely more flexible than a synology NAS.

I have also finally achieved my goal of the server being bifurcated into server and gaming pc. Its now also my main gaming machine.

You're fucking insane.
ive got a 16 disk chenbro 4u hotswap chassis if you want to be equally insane :D Comes loaded with 82gigs of a ram and 24 threads. And a raid controller that can be used as a kickass HBA with a bigass RAM cache for your non-RAID using ass.

I actually am very frugal in my storage purchases for the most part. The big expenses were early on and if you amortize them over the life of their use theyre not so bad.

I actually am very frugal in my storage purchases for the most part. The big expenses were early on and if you amortize them over the life of their use theyre not so bad.
No up front expense amortized over the life of use is less than big up front expense. Especially when you don't need to saturate a 10Gbps network link.