Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

It's sad how far HP has fallen. They were, for a brief but very important moment in time, perched on top.
I miss the HP of the 80s/90s, back when they gave a shit about putting out good products. Now we've got a HP 4730 printer at work that's perpetually broken because of stupid shit like plastic gears stripping out.

As an EE I'm just happy they branched off their test equipment division as Agilent, now Keysight, instead of keeping it in-house and ruining it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and Duke
AuYSZpn.jpg

:fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
For whatever reason, name resolution started failing on my router. The 'new' router they sent me a year ago won't connect to them. So I had to reset the old one to default and hope for the best. #FML

@Domon have you used SmartTiles or ActionTiles? Part of me wants to buy a six pack of Kindles and mount them all over the house.

smarttiles yep. And yep, i have an old 10 inch tablet (asus transformer) that is my "central panel" running smarttiles.

the only thing that bothers me, is that it seems to "log out" about once a week.

smarttiles yep. And yep, i have an old 10 inch tablet (asus transformer) that is my "central panel" running smarttiles.

the only thing that bothers me, is that it seems to "log out" about once a week.
What are you going to do when it moves to Action Tiles? It requires payment GOD FORBID!