Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

So I needed a GPU to drive this third monitor. Figured I'd pick up a used fanless jobber on Ebay. Got an ATi x300 for $10 shipped.

I now realize that I can't make it run in Win10. :lol:

Just go on some local gamer buy and sell group on facebook and say "need a shitty video card, got a 20 dollar bill, lemme know what you got"

Goddamn Win10, why won't you let me connect to the same samba server using two different usernames for two different shares...

Is there a such thing as a thermal imaging camera phone app? Or if not that some cheap thermal imaging binoculars or goggles or something?

Talking like ultra cheap kids toy level stuff. Not the real deal like a rifle scope or military hardware or anything.

Is there a such thing as a thermal imaging camera phone app? Or if not that some cheap thermal imaging binoculars or goggles or something?

Talking like ultra cheap kids toy level stuff. Not the real deal like a rifle scope or military hardware or anything.
Not super cheap, but flir released a thermal imager for phones that costs 250-300 bucks. Best you'll do probably.

Search Amazon for flir one. There's an iPhone and an android version.

Edit: looks like home depot has them for 215.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
Not super cheap, but flir released a thermal imager for phones that costs 250-300 bucks. Best you'll do probably.

Search Amazon for flir one. There's an iPhone and an android version.

Edit: looks like home depot has them for 215.
Neighbor has one of these. It works very solidly out to about 30 feet

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Don't think so. There are FLIR attachments you can buy and plug into the charging/sync plug of the phone though.

You can buy a Caterpillar phone, they have them built in

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
So who are you stalking, HHH?

:)

I want to be able to see the rats inside the wall so I can shoot them through it. Wall is thin old '70's paneling. I have a couple air rifles that can do that. Figured if there was a phone app or kids toy that would be good enough for super close range/thin wall.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi