WTF Post interesting/funny/odd things about yourself - NOW FULL OF ICK

Like I already said, they just filter them out and send them to the landfill. Where are they going to end up if I throw them in the trash can?

http://www.scensiblesbags.com/?p=1064

paragraph 2.

and about 1/4 of the way down the page

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/poop_plant.html

Source #3 :

There was a dude on Genmay who was a level 3 poopsmith (that was literally a certification, the level 3 part). He routinely talked about pipes bursting and spewing sewage when they got plugged with diapers, dead animals, and tampons.

Last edited:
http://www.scensiblesbags.com/?p=1064

paragraph 2.

and about 1/4 of the way down the page

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/poop_plant.html

Source #3 :

There was a dude on Genmay who was a level 3 poopsmith (that was literally a certification, the level 3 part). He routinely talked about pipes bursting and spewing sewage when they got plugged with diapers, dead animals, and tampons.

Well, I'm thinking tampons aren't as big of a deal as diapers and dead animals. I've just spent a while reading more opinions about this and I think the consensus is that if you have shitty plumbing you are going to have problems, tampon or no. Plus I would never flush a non-biodegradable anything. My tampons (and applicators if I buy the ones with applicators) are designed to be flushed. I've never heard of a tampon all by itself blocking a sewer that is in good working order and I couldn't find an example of anyone else having this issue. And even in the articles you link (one of which was annoying to load) they say that water treatment plants have a solution for the solids that are flushed. I think the biggest danger is to your home's plumbing. Fortunately I have plumping that works as prescribed and I buy biodegradable products, so I'm just not going to feel bad about my choice that I haven't had problems with in the nearly 30 years I've been using tampons.

YUMMAY

image024.jpg

"Printing "You can't flush tampons" on the tampon box, to me, would be as obvious as the bags of frozen broccoli that I buy that say "Ingredients: Broccoli." Of course, some people need to be told."

lol

Last edited:
YUMMAY

image024.jpg

"Printing "You can't flush tampons" on the tampon box, to me, would be as obvious as the bags of frozen broccoli that I buy that say "Ingredients: Broccoli." Of course, some people need to be told."

lol

You don't flush the plastic applicators, just the actual tampon.

Gross all around. I wrap mine in 10 yards of twat paper & take them directly to kitchen trash & stuff them far down. No way would I leave that crap in the bathroom to fester. The bathroom trash barely gets full/emptied enough as it is. I only use it for q-tips & the occasional "blotting" tissue. It's a little stainless steel footstep trash bin, that since it's a closed top, it's out of sight, out of mind for me. So, I would never even remember to empty it until a smell showed up. :barf: again

I agree - I grew up in a household where you didn't talk about this stuff. You weren't told what you can do and some of my friends never talked about it. It's kind of sad.

Though as an FYI you can wipe off the cup and not rinse if in public. Some women bring a little water bottle or something to clean off and the company I buy from sells different purse sized bottles too :fly:

http://www.meluna.org/epages/638982...s/63898218/Categories/Desinfektion__Reinigung

That's sad. My mom told me that's how her mother was, so she, (my mom), made sure that she was not like that with me.
When I first got my period, I just wanted to know straight out how to deal with this shit, so I could go on riding my bmx bike in the desert & not worry about stinking/sitting in a bloody diaper.
She was so nice about it.

Too bad that she wasn't that nice with other things!

Just because this debate pissed me off I'm gonna throw my tampons don't the toilet for the rest of the year

Which I don't normally do - I usually bin them

but fuck you
You are going to do something that isn't good.

Because people said said what you normally do... is good.

WTS logic.

That's sad. My mom told me that's how her mother was, so she, (my mom), made sure that she was not like that with me.
When I first got my period, I just wanted to know straight out how to deal with this shit, so I could go on riding my bmx bike in the desert & not worry about stinking/sitting in a bloody diaper.
She was so nice about it.

Too bad that she wasn't that nice with other things!
Except for the last sentence this is exactly how I feel! I had that ultra-conservative Catholic mom who said french kissing was a sin and always pushed how I looked like a slut at times. She hated me showing any curves and I was just given them so hard to hide. Not bad about weight but just about looks. I always hoped we would have become closer but never happened. She drove me mad at times and ther is a reason why I went nuts after she died - FREEDOM!

I seriusly didn't mean to start a debate here. Just saying why I don't flush. I've known too many people who had costly repairs for flushing anything other than TP (including flushable wipes as an FYI) down the toilet. Not pissing on others who do, but just something I won't ever do. Not my business or worry to care what others do.

I just took the trash out the moment I smelled a thing and with an open top container it wasn't hard to smell stuff (did that intentionally to make it easier to take out in my bathroom - the other does not have an open top)

You guys made me check. Both boxes of tampons I still own (local shelters won't take opened boxes) say "DO NOT FLUSH" One is Whole Food's organic type and the other is 100% Organic cotton applicator free.

Now let the arguing continue :fly:

tmp580E%2Etmp_tcm111-1590796.jpg

Labor cost for one year for 971 such preventive or corrective de-ragging actions at 10 of 15 pump stations: $320,000.
tmp580F%2Etmp_tcm111-1590809.jpg

Despite extremely simplified messaging to flush only the “3 Ps” (pee, poo, and toilet paper) California’s Orange County Sanitation District routinely pulls and cleans pumps to avert sewage spills. This is a 75-hp, 880-rpm Goulds Pumps 12x14-19 with three vanes.

"Companies market them as “flushable,” “biodegradable,” and “safe for sewers and septic systems,” but I wouldn’t be writing this if they’re also dispersible; i.e., dissolvable in water. "

"Unlike toilet paper, some contain plastic and other nonsolubles that render them “nondispersible,” the wastewater industry’s term for material that doesn’t dissolve quickly in water. Instead of disintegrating, they settle in gravity sewer mains or get tangled in pump impellers."

Source: http://www.pwmag.com/wastewater/strangled-by-disposables.aspx